Help me identify this module!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InVirtue

Reaction score
Hey guys, I bought this XTC module about a year ago, it sounds great and works well, but now I want to sell it to fund the Angel I just landed, and I'm actually not sure who modded the thing. The Ebay auction said Gigmods, but it doesn't look like the other Gigmods XTCs I've seen.

So, any helpful hints or clues are appreciated. Thanks in advance!

IMG_0451.jpg
IMG_0456.jpg
[/img]

It has the looks of a Gigmod, but it's minimal work if it is. Just a few caps upgraded to OD's and a trio of resistors changed to CC's (all at stock values).

If anything, it's probably one of the $100 warmth/clarity jobs he used to offer done from the top of the module without taking it apart. Or someone's attempt at a mod passed of as a Gigmod. I don't recognize the plate at all.

Could it be one of Hilly's? I think he used faceplates like that sometimes. I saw a Scorch with a plate like that.

What type of caps are those blue ceramics anyway? Do they have a specific brand or name? I see anywhere from green, to blue, to older style red in my modules..

well if you'd like to know how it stands up, an arrangement can be made...... by that I mean, it is for sale.

I looked at the blue caps, didn't see any name, just some hard to read numbers. I think so far Hilligan seems like the most likely culprit, anyone know of a good way to confirm?

InVirtue said:
I looked at the blue caps, didn't see any name, just some hard to read numbers. I think so far Hilligan seems like the most likely culprit, anyone know of a good way to confirm?
Ask him?

Doesn't look like Gigmods to me, the plate is definitly Hilly-eque.

Done and done! Waiting on his reply, I'll post the response to satiate everyone's seething curiosity.

m0jo said:
InVirtue said:
Ask him?

Doesn't look like Gigmods to me, the plate is definitly Hilly-eque.

Possibly a self-modded module that someone did to be passed off as a Gigmod or otherwise with just the OD caps and CC resistors in a few places. I know someone sells similar mods on eBay all the time that look like that. One of them looks astonishingly similar to my Super Clean face plate as a matter of fact.

That would be my second guess.