HELP!!! TWO "Tube Failure" LEDs lit up in my RM100

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skunky_funk

Reaction score
... and tried switching perfectly-working tubes, and the Tube failure LED's won't go off. I mean, =C= EL34s out from the box.

I noticed that the sound coming from the amp is not bad, but not "in tip-top" condition though.

The order of power tubes in the amp are as follows:

outermost pair: EL34EH running at 36mV
innermost pair: JJ E34L running at 43mV

What can be the problem? Do you think I need to replace something other than the tubes?

Have you changed the fuses for each of the tubes with the red LED. Every time that light comes on it means either the tube has blown or the fuse for that particular tube has gone. Try using th 315mA. Sorry if i've stated the obvious. But you didn't mention it in your post.

METALjim said:
Have you changed the fuses for each of the tubes with the red LED. Every time that light comes on it means either the tube has blown or the fuse for that particular tube has gone. Try using th 315mA. Sorry if i've stated the obvious. But you didn't mention it in your post.

Thanks for the advice. Nope, I haven't changed the fuses yet because I am too stupid to find out that each tube had its own fuse. :oops:

Anyway, by any chance, are the stock fuses in RM100s underrated?

skunky_funk said:
METALjim said:

Thanks for the advice. Nope, I haven't changed the fuses yet because I am too stupid to find out that each tube had its own fuse. :oops:

Anyway, by any chance, are the stock fuses in RM100s underrated?
Double check but I think they were.

Don't worry its an easy mistake. I'd just get a whole new set one for each tube and make sure its a 315mA quick blo 20mm fuse. The first time I cranked my RM100 it had been sat in a shop for months and immediately 2 red lights went on so having the amp only a matter of hours I thought i'd blown 2 valves already. However thanks to this forum I only had to change the 2 fuses and nothing has happened since and that was about 8 months ago. Hope this helps.

ok..so then whats it mean when...
only one led (for the fuse/tube) comes on..and its kinda dim, not really fully on... whats that mean????