how about some love for the killer JF Erect

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepplin490

Reaction score
I have been playing through this module for a little bit and i have nothing but praise for this killer module, amazing high gain and lower gain if wanted. I know a bunch of you have em whats the good word?!
-mp-

Yep- Had this for awhile- I let it go as I have been favoring hot rodded Marshall tones for what I do- but this module is a BEAST and sounded BETTER than the Triple Rectos I used to go out and tour with....

It's actually pretty versatile too, I am using the orange channel in vintage mode with the gain at about 12:00 and it gives a pretty nice crunchy moderate high gain tone.

zepplin490 said:
My Go-to Module for all things metal!
-mp-

I'm with you. Amazing for Metal!!! I've been favoring my Stein+ lately.

Salvation Mamba SE on the way so I can't wait to see how the Erect does against it. :twisted:

One thing I hate about this time of year is my time is always taken by family/holidays, etc. and I haven't had much time with mine.. But I like what I've heard so far. When I first played it I couldn't believe how much bass it had. I normally have my module's bass knob on about 2-3:00. This module is about 9-10:00 for the same amount of bass as my others. And it is very versatile. Another good one from Rob (And another thanks to Big Daddy!)

To amend my previous post... I took some time to play around with my Erect (this is not going good places..) today. I have to say that there is a LAAAAAAARGE difference between the tight and loose setting and even bigger difference between them depending which mode (orange/red) you're in. I've never seen a module where the switches react so much. I found I like the Modern/Red/Tight setting best but there's some real versatility to this module I didn't know was there. Again, great job Rob!

warlok said:
To amend my previous post... I took some time to play around with my Erect (this is not going good places..) today. I have to say that there is a LAAAAAAARGE difference between the tight and loose setting and even bigger difference between them depending which mode (orange/red) you're in. I've never seen a module where the switches react so much. I found I like the Modern/Red/Tight setting best but there's some real versatility to this module I didn't know was there. Again, great job Rob!
Thanks for the kind words and glad you found that on your own. I am currently working on writing manuals for all of my mods and those types of suggestions are included. The combo of Vintage/Loose/Orange modes gives some KILLER classic rock and tones that you might not always think of a Rectifier for.

Found the Vintage/tight/orange tonight sounded very ZZ-Top-ish. That wa swith the bass kicked up to about 3:00 backed the treble off, and mids about 12:00. Really enjoying playing with my Erect (Yep, gonna keep it going as long as my buzz lasts. Lol). Also, I have a 59RR, Trilogy, and a stock 1086 and the Erect is ridiculously responsive to an OD out front. Way above the others on that front. Super tight, and sustain for days with my MXR Classic OD in either side (I put and external switch for TS/ZW type OD). Fast becoming my #1..

BTW, I realized tonight that running 2 cabs, a Carvin 4x12 with V30s and G12t75s and a Randall 2x12 with Eminence OEMs was ruining the highs in my tone, making it overly sizzly and nasty. Took the 2x12 out of the mix and really seems smoother but keeps that raw sound I like. Very happy now.