How close is the MTS XTC vs Synergy Ecstacy?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lhrocker61

Reaction score
I'm thinking of picking up a Synergy Ecstacy but I had a Randall MTS Ecstacy. How does the Randall compare to either channels on the Synergy mod? Would this be redundant?

I'm thinking of picking up a Synergy Ecstacy but I had a Randall MTS Ecstacy. How does the Randall compare to either channels on the Synergy mod? Would this be redundant?
The 2 are NOTHING alike. The Randall XTC is the worst sounding module I’ve ever heard, and I own tons of modules over many years of collecting. Fizzy, buzzy etc. it’s one of those poorly designed modules that gave some a bad impression of the MTS. I know you didn’t ask, but for others wondering, the Jaded Faith version is much better sounding, more versatile etc. if only you could get it without the silly sticker they insist on putting on. But the Synergy version, especially with Synergy hardware is on a completely different level, one of the best sounding modules with tons of gain available if needed. My favorite lead module as well.

I was wondering the same thing, although I do not have the same feeling about the Randall XTC module. I actually like Randall XTC. Not fizzy at all.