How do you transport your rig? (rm4,rt2/50 and cab)?????

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GtrGeorge!

Reaction score
I am thinking of buying a handtruck, and strapping the whole thing to it.
The rig is so **** heavy....but it sounds so good!!!
Any ideas or photos of how you guys are lugging your gear around????????
-GtrGeorge

I have a 6 space SKB rack with wheels and a handle that extends - reminds me of luggage. It was around $150 or so, and well worth it. I lug an RM4, RT 2/50, G-Major and RP8 with it.

Pete

thanks for the suggestion..but I was at a store the other day and bought a handtruck that handles 330lbs and converts to any size.
Its like an erector set, in some ways.
Anyway, my plan is to put the 2-12" cab and the SKB rack that holds the RM4 and the Rt2/50 on it. I think it will be like 175lbs.....to much to carry without multiple trips, or a handtruck.
If this works, I might post a photo of it.
I am still open to any suggestions.....still.
For me the goal is one trip to load in or out. ALWAYS.

Here's how I get my Egnater rig around these days:

DSC_0209.JPG

(ok, I know that's really not helpful...)

Actually I have a cart (believe it's the Rock & Roller) that I use... it can haul two 2x12's and a rack in a single trip. I pretty much swear by it, unless we're gigging at a place with lots of stairs, then I pretty much spend all my time swearing.

I've tried the racks w/ wheels in the past... definitely makes rack transport easier, but the cart has the bonus of working for cabinets as well.

--B

I'm spoiled... the band that I use my rack setup with has one of my 4x12s in the gear trailer, so they take it to the gig for me. :D Ah, the joy of owning several 4x12 cabs...

Pete

I have to look at that Rock and Roller..
the rack I bought doesnt roll very well. The wheels can take the weight, but the 2 front ones aren't designed to turn in all directions. What a pain. You gotta push this thing like a mule!!!!!!!!
And the wheels arent big enough to do stairs. I wanna be able to d stairs with out lifting everthing out of the handtruck and such.

bduersch said:

DSC_0209.JPG

Actually I have a cart (believe it's the Rock & Roller) that I use... it can haul two 2x12's and a rack in a single trip. I pretty much swear by it, unless we're gigging at a place with lots of stairs, then I pretty much spend all my time swearing.

I've tried the racks w/ wheels in the past... definitely makes rack transport easier, but the cart has the bonus of working for cabinets as well.

--B

Nice ride bro!

AXERAVEN said:
Nice ride bro!

Thanks! Actually I just picked it up Monday, so technically I haven't hauled any gear in it yet, but when I do, it's gotta be a lot easier than cramming two 2x12's, two racks, and several guitar cases into an Acura TL.

--B

bduersch said:

DSC_0209.JPG

--B

Speaking of gear transport and parallel gas, I drive its more conservative gnarly geezer relative 8)

I am gonna put the RM4 in one rack and the RT2/50 in the other..having both in one rack makes it soooooo heavy, its liable to be dropped. Must weigh 125 lbs altogether. UGH!!!!!
I havent found one rack that can take all the weight and still roll well.
I find it hard to believe that the closest thing to my needs is an adjustable Hand truck that sells for $130 bucks. Seems like to much to me.

Mine rolls fine but having it in a shock rack only makes things heavier. I did just get some new 2x12's so I don't have to haul the single 4x12 anymore. Plus now when we have small shows I can just bring one small cab which is nice. This all gets moved in a HHR which is one of the best guitarist cars ever. I can fit 2 4x12's w/ a large rack and a few guitars and still have room up front for another passenger.

BlurryRigPic.jpg

That rack looks great. But what us an HHR???
And also, guys..seriously..I am looking for info on handtrucks..not SUVs and the like.
Anybody find a handtruck that works well with a RM4 and a Rt2/50 in the same rack box, and on top of that a 2-12 cabinet.
. Its really heavy...and an awkward weigh,too.
I can't be the only person who needs to roll everything in in one step.

You might be able to try this!
Its called the LOAD-N-GO CART or ROAD RUNNER: Compact Hand Truck.
It was designed specifically for musicians moving gear in various sizes and shapes. Weighing in at only 18.5 pounds, its has a 300 pound load capacity- more that enogh for your needs. The base extends from 18?? to 28?? and the handle folds down for easy storage. 3?? heavy duty wheels will give you years of solid mobility.
The nice part is that when your done It's Fully Collapsible!
Hope this is of any help!

Link 1.
http://www.pssl.com/bitemdetail.tpl...07091906112071~disp_IMG~Y~catgroup~[catGroup]
Link 2.
http://www.idjnow.com/StoreModules/ProductDetails.aspx/PID=EMLG1
Link 3.
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Heavy-Duty-...hZ007QQcategoryZ97229QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
ROAD-RUNNER-steps.gif
Roadrunner-Animated.gif

• Fully Collapsed Folded Dimensions
    H: 6.88"
    W: 16.5"
    L: 22.25"
  • 1. Swing Handle Up Handle Swings up 90? to vertical and locks tightly in position.
  • 2. Pull Handle Out Handle Extends up and locks tightly in position.
  • 3. Extend Bed, If Desired Base can be extended forward to accommodate larger loads.

P0049574B.jpg

thanks for the tip...I had not seen this Hand truck before. The closest thing was sort of like it but $130....to much. But also, the wheels were to small.
Not to complain...but as a musician we deal with alot of stairs. If the cart has 3 inch wheels, we have to unload everything go up the stairs..re-group everything back onto the hand truck and then carry on.
My current rehearsal area has 3 tiers of stairs!!!!!!!!!!!! So multiple this by 3 times....is it worth it? To put it on and off the handtruck?
man, I wish they made these with 5 or 6 inch solid rubber wheels. You could take any stairs.
But maybe that is to much to ask.
Thank you ,though to all who volunteered suggestions. I'll make the cut and go forward.

If I was to go with a shallow 4U rack that just barely fits the Randall RT2/50 in it (14.5 inches deep from front rail to back lid), like the Gator G-Tour EFX 4 (weighs 26 lbs) or the Gator GR 4 ATA Rack case (weighs 11 lbs), which would be the better choice?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gator-GTour-EFX-4-ATA-Shallow-Rack-Road-Case?sku=546190&src=3WFRWXX&CAWELAID=31051702
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gator-GR-ATA-Shallow-Rack-Case?sku=546158

The EFX 4 case would make my rig weigh a ridiculous amount, while I'm worried that getting the GR 4 would not be able to handle the weight. Anyone have experience with these?

SKB racks are not the right length (they're either too long or too short).
I don't know about 3rd party cases,

I can quite happily get my 8U rack (~55 kilos), a Marshall 1960A cab, a Roland FC-200 floorboard, 2 guitars in hardcases and a passenger in my Ford Fiesta. Admittedly, anything more than this and I'd be stuck!

The weight is just IMPOSSIBLE. I have a hernaited disk..so I cant put that RM4 and RT2/50 in a rack and lift it.
I am seriously considering using a CRATE powerblock as a power amp..mainly because of size. Reliability is a big question..but hey..I can fit 2 and still be toting less weght and size.
I love my RT2/50..cant they make it lighter..or maybe lose some of wattage, therby losing the weight?

That's why I use two 4U SKB racks, one for my RT2/50 and one for the M4 and other stuff. This way it's not too heavy :)