I hate having money to kill

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonymustang302

Reaction score
Ok, I have $800 left over (after buying a 1086) My rig consists of this, my guitars the MTS head (ultra, xtc,clean modules) Custom OD pedal, NS-2, and a Boss tuner. I also have a mesa head just sitting on top of my rig (someone f-in buy the ************ or else its going to guitar center). I don't know where to go with my rig now. Start a rack? Get a dif module? or i really want a ESP SC-607B or even the ESP SC-608B. What do you guys think. We are starting to play out more so lemme know what i should get.

You're in a place where a lot players wish they were. You may need that cash someday. :shock:
If your band is playing out more then I would look into things that would help with load in time and protecting your gear, like:
--Cases for your amp/cab, or padded slip-on covers..
--Pedal board, pedal power, switcher/looper (GRX4)
--Spare tubes, fuses

Then, maybe FX pedal(s) you'd been curious about. Do you have the RF4?

Getting your XTC modified would be a cool option, as well, but if your rig is doing what you want/need, then I would look into things that would support it or protect it. :wink:

if you're the only guitar , i'd get another cab and a seven string, once i get my rig where i want i'll probably do another mts rig then run them stereo, if i i could blend two modules that'd be great :twisted:

maximus1 said:
if you're the only guitar , i'd get another cab and a seven string, once i get my rig where i want i'll probably do another mts rig then run them stereo, if i i could blend two modules that'd be great :twisted:

I already have a seven, love the flubbin thing to death. I Really want a non tremelo one and baritone so i can do super low tunings...

just rocked my new xtc tonight i think i like it better than the 1086 but i used the 808 in front, its really heavy and was cutting through nicely, 1086 sounded scooped all the sudden and not so clear when they were side by side, think i'll have to get a modded one now 8)

maximus1 said:
just rocked my new xtc tonight i think i like it better than the 1086 but i used the 808 in front, its really heavy and was cutting through nicely, 1086 sounded scooped all the sudden and not so clear when they were side by side, think i'll have to get a modded one now 8)

you actually like the XTC now? I know you're into heavier tones, but that's cool.
I love the XTC for leads, much more defined and response to nuances in the mids like butter. Like you, I do kick it with a little boost out front, an Xotic AC Booster.
1086: cool enough, but to my ears, not as clearly define and flatter response.
T

yeah i'd agree seems the mids are a little too scooped out as well, xtc works best for me boosted, not as nasty without it , can't wait to get it modded now, 1086 too :twisted:

i was suprised how good mine sounded with the seven string i'm sure it'll be decent on the 8. if his mod can change the mids and gain it up quite a bit it should be perfect. but i need to get the 1086 modded first :twisted: