Is there a way to...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prickstein

Reaction score
Is there a way to run 2 RM100 heads in stereo and switch between all 6 channels, not just A/Bing between the two heads but having both power amps going at the same time, preferably one with EL34's and one with 6L6's?
I'm toying with this idea rather than an RM4/RT250 setup.

you would need a signal router in order to do it as you describe (suche as axess electronics GRX4 Guitar Router/Switcher). You would have to setup the MIDI to go through the GRX4 and the 2 RM100s, then depending on which head you want to use as a preamp you would have to turn the corresponding loops on and off.

However, The simplest method is to have 1 head with the modules of your choice- then to use the slave out to another RM100 or a completely different power amp. Thats 3 channels instead of 6, but it would be much easier to do (little programming) and a lot less cables.

I was thinking of doing something similar, but with the 2 M4's. I'll run the send on each parallel FX loop into the L and R inputs on the MPX-1, then L and R outputs back to the M4 return, then the post FX output on each M4 into the RT2/50 inputs. I'll use my Midi mate to switch the M4's simultaneously using a midi splitter ( 1 in , 2 out to the M4's) . This of course only gets me 4 channels, but I can load both M4's with the same modules and set the mix individually on the M4's. It's a 'round about " way to have stereo FX loops from 2 M4's with mono FX loops.
The other options are run HG mods on the left and cleans right, and run both channels on the power amp with different tubes , or run both channels with EL34's........hmmmm, this is going to be time consuming.

H

I use a SoundSculpture Switchblade to run two RM4s in stereo. It's alot of fun to mix and match modules.

As far as channel switching, I have mine set of different midi channels so I can change them independently ot together at the same time. I use a Rocktron All Access pedal to control the rig.

www.soundsculpture.com

John,
When we ship an M4, we usually only program PC 1 through 8. Any PC higher than 8 (or maybe 9) will not turn on any channel until you program it to. You probably have no channels above PC 8 or 9? FYI, once you program a preamp channel into a PC patch, it can never be erased and go back to a "no preamp" state. CC #64 is actually a "mute all channels" command.

egnater