Jaded Faith VHT

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rising Farce

Reaction score
Having had time to get acquainted with this one over the past couple of weeks, I thought I'd share my impressions.

The first thing I noticed was how clear the module is, even with the gain maxed out. The individual-note clarity is outstanding, as is the sensitivity to pick attack. As a result, you'll hear every nuance of your playing, which can be a good or a bad thing depending on your skill level. Lead work can therefore be a bit challenging, but it's also rewarding when you get everything right. (It actually seems that the module has forced me to become a more precise player, since it demands a level of picking and fingering accuracy most other high-gainers don't.)

Tone-wise, the VHT is its own beast--neither Marshall nor Mesa, but with some of the better qualities of both. It's a bit on the dark side, but also tight, crisp, and aggressive. I've never played through a real VHT, but the clips I've heard seem to suggest that this is a laudable facsimile.

If you have a KH-3 or SL+ lying around and aren't sure what to do with it, give the VHT a try. The tone is unique, the conversion fee is more than reasonable, and it may even make you a better player.

Glad to hear it's working out well for you! That touch of "honesty" is exactly the same as my Pittbull gives me. Really makes you a better player IMHO.

+1 on the VHT; perfect description of this mod. While I only use this for lead, the bass cap switch gives you the option of using it for tight-low end high gain rhythm work. The noise gate option works great with this module too. If you play at low volumes, you might get the switch for the gate, but at stage volumes ya don't need it.

Another fantastic JF mod