JF 1959RR... Wow

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayd41

Reaction score
Just got my custom 59rr in the mail today.

IMG_1125.jpg

First of all, Rob works super fast. I don't think he had my module for more than a few days before it was on its way back to me. Way faster turnaround than I would have guessed.
Not only did he create this module that quickly, but he did something a little different for me...

IMG_1127.jpg

There is an additional gain stage on this 59RR that is switchable in either JMP or JCM mode.

This module straight up slays. It is by far the most versatile module I have played. The number of different tones this module nails is just silly. And they are all REALLY good! I couldn't be happier with the Marshall tones at my disposal now.
And this is all without the extra gain stage kicked in.
With the 3rd stage on in JMP Vintage voicing, I get the most killer EVH tone I have ever owned. With the voicing shifted to modern and the mids rolled back a bit, I have a crushing metal tone.

I can't recommend this module enough...

Thanks to Rob for his awesome work!

8)

edit

I made a quick clip of this last night and made a thread in the Rigs & Tones forum.
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=15199

This module is incredible... Hopefully some of you guys with better chops than me start posting some more clips of what the 59RR is capable of.

Is he going to add this as an option for future mods? Sounds interesting.... besides, you had me at EVH.

Congrats on the new score, looks like a cool option Rob put in it for you.

Rob does have great turnaround for his customers, that's for sure.

Jay,

Glad to see this made it home quickly and exceeded your expectations! It certainly was an amazing module.

Some background on it for those interested:

Jay approached me a while back about this, asking to have the Diode Clipping replaced with a switchable gain stage. I currently use this concept in my XTC Blue/Red channels and originally in a custom KH23 (KH2 & KH3 hybrid) I had done for a customer back in early 2009, so it was only a matter of a little R&D. It's also likely to appear in a few of the new mods slotted for release this year.

It's the same concept as the infamous "Caswell #39 Marshall" of Lynch and Slash fame. Needless to say, it made for a KILLER addition to a 1959RR Mod.

If there is a strong enough interest in it, I am entertaining offering a limited run of these as a 1959RR Platinum Edition complete with the Diode Clipping option as well. The first one will be shipping this week for a very special customer and details will be made available soon after. Before anyone asks: It will not be made a standard option on the 1959RR mod and I will not retrofit an existing 1959RR with it. It is too labor-intensive to warrant a retrofit, particularly if you guys want me to keep the turnarounds as quick as they are! :lol:

Rob

Strong interest right here!

I'm already GASing hard on the 1959RR, and this looks even more like exactly the Marshall sound I'm looking for. My tax refund cannot arrive soon enough.

I need another Marshall module like I need a hole in the head but yeah, I'm interested as the gain stage option vs. the diode clipping is my preference. for diode clipping I just use pedals.

No need for special addition, gain stage in place of diode clipping for this cat. I guess that means no interest? BUT interest . 8)

I'm interested in said platinum edition as well. I was going to send my XTC next but this 59RR has my attention now as well

I would definitely be interested in the added gain stage too. But I already own a 59RR and cannot afford another as my $ is going for the SL-OD100 :)

scary groove said:
I would definitely be interested in the added gain stage too. But I already own a 59RR and cannot afford another as my $ is going for the SL-OD100 :)

SL-OD100=BAD@SS! Good choice!

OK so I'm confused . . . which does the Platinum Edition have?:

1.) Diode-cliiping in place of a third gain stage

2.) A third gain stage in place of diode-clipping

3.) Both a third gain stage and diode-cliiping

HughJasol said:
OK so I'm confused . . . which does the Platinum Edition have?:

1.) Diode-cliiping in place of a third gain stage

2.) A third gain stage in place of diode-clipping

3.) Both a third gain stage and diode-cliiping

I think the answer is 2.

It would be the 2/3 stage, diode clipping, voice, haze and JMP/JCM switches. It's as loaded as it gets! As soon as I figure out all the details I'll have a formal announcement.

JF, last night I had a vision.... it involved a JF Hi-watt clone but with a boost switch for an added gain stage as if someone had hot wired the amp for more oomph..... just to give it a few options of course..

as for gain stage vs diode clipping, think of it as the gain difference between an amp that is built with more gain in the circuit vs. slamming the front end of an amp with an OD pedal. This would be a very rough description or how I understand it. The new Malmsteen sig amps and the silver jubilee would be diode clipping amps. Both cool things, depends on what you prefer though.

Ok, that clarifies it for me. I have an order in for a the 1959RR right now and was wondering what I was going to get. lol Is there not already plenty of gain in the module before you have to flick a switch? It sounds like there is from listening to Fig's video.

Jaded Faith said:
It would be the 2/3 stage, diode clipping, voice, haze and JMP/JCM switches. It's as loaded as it gets! As soon as I figure out all the details I'll have a formal announcement.

I'm interested. Looking forward to the announcement!

JD said:
Is there not already plenty of gain in the module before you have to flick a switch? It sounds like there is from listening to Fig's video.
Oh there is plenty of gain available without switching in the extra stage. I just was looking for a particular tone and Rob was willing to work with me and he hit a home run.