Just bought Warhead X2, which cab?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

storm8ring3r

Reaction score
Hey guys I just bought an X2 off the bay, don't even have it yet, got it for $600. This is my first real head and I don't even have any sort of cabinet. I was wondering what kind of cab would work best.

I'm looking for a 4 x 12" cab. I don't have a lot of money to spend. I was thinking of buying some sort of used marshall cab and dropping four eminence texas heat drivers in there (same as krankenstein cab). I already use one texas heat driver in my Marshall Valvestate 80V combo as a replacement and it sounds great in an open back combo like this one, incredible improvement over the stock celestion g12T75 however it may be too dark for the x2 in a closed back cab?

I understand that the orginal x2/warhead cabs used celestion v30s? not sure on that one. Maybe a mix of 2 texas heats and 2 eminence wizards/legendv12s would do the trick for me? That's my best guess so far.

Would like some opinions on any cabs, speakers (preferably eminence, better value) you guys use with your X2s, any information is greatly appreciated

many thanks in advance
storm

**** this piece of **** forum. this is so slowest **** of a forum ever you won't see me here again. stupid fucks