Krankenstien vs Revolution

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disk11

Reaction score
I've always been intrigued by the Krank tone, but the two mods that do this are based on the Krankenstien. From what I've seen and read, the 'Stein has more treble and has a more solid state like distortion than the Rev, so if I had to pick between the two I'd get a Rev.

Am I mistaken in my assumptions of their differences, or are the two similar enough that I could get one of the Krank mods and be happy?

I am still finding the tones in my Stein.
I've only played one real krankenstein and, truthfully, was not that impressed. You must have to blow the doors down to get the Dime tone, whereas the Stein gets that "cowboys from hell" tone pretty easily. But he was using Randalls then.
It's got so many tones, I would need to mess with it alone for about a week to figure out its true capabilities.

I used to have a Krank Rev Jr pro 50 watt. I found it has 1 useable tone and the rest of the amp was meh. Think Dokken's Kiss of Death- that was the tone it had. The EQ sweep knob was helpful, but most of the time I kept it under 10' o'clock.

When I've played the Krankenstein, it seems to have more depth and chug and is capable of a wider verity of tones. I'm not sure how the MTS versions sound, but to get good tones from krank's, you have to KRANK the hell out of the amps. I sold my Krank 8 months ago and my ears still hurt.

ctgblue said:
I am still finding the tones in my Stein.
I've only played one real krankenstein and, truthfully, was not that impressed. You must have to blow the doors down to get the Dime tone, whereas the Stein gets that "cowboys from hell" tone pretty easily. But he was using Randalls then.
It's got so many tones, I would need to mess with it alone for about a week to figure out its true capabilities.

Not true at all..I have a Kstein plus head and it just kills...the overall master tied to the power section gets you great tones at a lower volumes,kind of like the Randall RM heads..It is so thick and articulate,covers a wide array of tones with that sweep too.....the Salvation Kranken is very close to the real deal ....The Stein,not so much,which is why I sought out a Kranken....Always got people crapping themselves when they saw what I was using live when I took it to shows....

I've been meaning to ask you alowerdeep, why did you edit out your post?

I did sit down with a real Krankenstein, but I couldn't get a low volume metal tone out of it. I must have been confused by the two master volumes and trying not to blow the windows out. Then again, when I sat down with a RM100 several years ago, I was unimpressed. Yet look where I am now :lol:

Just played my Kstein tonight....killer amp....MTS stuff in classified now!!!!....lol...though if it doesnt sell im ok with that too!!!!