Loaning program?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wengnutt

Reaction score
I've been wondering this for awhile....has anybody been interested in doing a "Loan/Rent Program" between forum members? As in, swaping modules with other forum members to try different ones out that the other doesnt have for a week or two. I think it would be a cool way for members to try modules out before they take the plunge to buy one out right since a lot of local stores dont carry MTS gear.

Obviously, it would have to be with people you trust and have a good reputation on the board, ESPECIALLY after the whole RIP Studio fiasco.

I've sold/bought/traded with some awesome people on here, and thought it would be a cool way to try something new. Just thinking aloud here :wink:

I was wondering this VERY same thing like a week ago hehe

I would love to do something like this, or even a rental kind of deal for those people that have a ton of mods that they dont use who want to earn a little extra cash, like a Netflix for MTS modules

Obviously, without any kind of system in place, there would have to be collateral or *something* going on, and a fair amount of trust. A module swap program might have some merit, also.

Either way, I think this is an awesome idea and would be down for participating in it. I think this community could pull it off if anyone could, given the quality of the people I have dealt with thusfar in my MTS quest

rherquiem, great minds think alike 8)

I couldn't have put it better: The Netflix of module trading.

Probably some sort of deposit for folks who dont have a module to trade would be in order, and of course a fair amount of trust. Perhaps something worked out through Paypal, and then a refund when the module is returned safely? I dunno how that would work without Paypal fees. Just thinking aloud tho :p I'd be willing to pay for some rent time on a module that peaks my interest.

I'd be really pumped to do this :D

Yeah, I'd be totally down for this, also. Some people that have a ton of modules (C2PLY hehe) could probably make a nice little side busines renting out modules. If someone could figure out a decent insurance program against (goodness forbid) theft or loss during shipping or whatever other losses, I think this would be really cool. I know there about about 20 modules I'd like to try out, and would definitely plunk down some cash to try them out. I think a "ModSwap" is a cool idea, too, if 2 people happen to have mods that each other would like to try out. I wonder if someone/thing could act as a small-scale escrow kind of deal, holding the cost of the module being rented until the termination date, at which point, if the renter has not received their module back, the FULL RETAIL COST + MODDING COSTS gets deposited to their account. Probably way too complicated for something so small scale, but an idea this cool needs to have all options considered IMO hehe

Count me in - however I would probably go broke in rentals fees as well - too much good stuff out there :D

I hereby dub this venture "Modflix" lol

I am serious about getting this going, even just as a community venture. I'll see about taking pics of all my mods and maybe we can start with swapping 1:1 and then work up from there. What do you guys think? I dont have many mods right now, but just ordered by 7th (a Salvation Dr. Feelgood), so I am working on that. I figure I am going to have spares sitting around - why not use them to let other fans of the MTS series try them out and maybe let myself try out some mods that weren't on my radar, too

I'd be interested as well. There are TONS of modified modules I'd love to check out, and I'd be more than happy to loan mine out to reliable members as well. There should probably be some guidelines and required contact information so nobody gets ripped off. A lot of forums (including this one) also have a required number of post before you can make sales/trades so that would probably be a good idea as well.

Can any of the mods chime in? I don't wanna overstep any boundaries, but would like to know what we could do to start a rental program like this. :D

Hey Rhequiem, how about starting off by loaning me that Dr. Feelgood that I should of bought off of Tehuk. lol

I'm with you Wengnutt - if this is cool and gets the blessing of the community, I am ready to roll with it :)

And JD, what is it about your request that leaves me feeling like I wouldnt ever see *MY* Dr Feelgood again?! lol If I loan it to you, it will have to after I've rubbed my greasy mitts all over it and slept with it under my pillow for a couple weeks, to get my scent embedded in it, so the police dogs can find it once I have to send the search party out for it hehe. I probably wont even have that module in my eager hands for another week or two, judging by the last thing I bought from someone who lived in Canada and was shipped Canada Post/USPS :(