Looking to mod my XTC; who should I go to first?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panther_king

Reaction score
So, after years of harrassing Harmony Central, and enjoying my Randall, I finally decided to pop on here for questions...

So I'm contemplating sending in my XTC module for mods, and I'm wondering who you guys think I should go to; Pete over at Gigmods, or Salvation? Who has experience with either?

I also have a modern module that I'm thinking about just having redone from the ground up into something cool; any tips?

You should also consider Jaded Faith. He does fantastic work, quickly, well-priced and is the best when it comes to communication.

I second the Jaded recommendation.
I recently got my XTC back from him and got a chance to break it in last night during a 3 hour show I did with a 80's rock cover band. His mods def brought out the unique voice of the XTC providing with Soaring leads so different that the run of the mill Recto based sounds I am used to hearing out of the MTS line. More gain much clearer and more dynamic than stock for sure and al this was done at a very reasonable price.

I have not played any other modded xtc modules but my Voodoo modded xtc with ug jose mod is waaaaaay better than stock.

///MK said:
I second the Jaded recommendation.
More gain much clearer and more dynamic than stock for sure and al this was done at a very reasonable price.
I THIRD THAT EMOTION!!! :D
But you cant go wrong with any of the modders.....
Rob has just hooked me up SEVERAL TIMES and he does a kick *** job! :mrgreen:

I have mine with Rob (Jaded faith) right now. Can't wait to get it in my hands.

From talking to everyone on the forum though, i'd say that all of these guys have something a little different to offer.

Jaded's stuff is really good. His UXL is Crazy! I also have his XTC which IMHO is kind of like a sl+ with a bit more clarity and more mesa vibe on the distortion. Really good for late 80's level heavy stuff but more modern. I like Pete's Old XTC mod but haven't got his new one yet, just heard it. In my opinion, that would be the way to go, fully modded. Rob (faith's) XL is the best super high gain I have, but I have yet to get my Pete Ultra(XL) Back. Rob doesn't do the switches, but gives a great sound and is inexpensive. I reccomend his UXL. That is, if the mailman is in a good mood :)

-Angel

Jeff Hilligan at Egnater does an amazing job on this module for sure....there is a clip posted directly below this thread.

Another vote for JadedFaith - love my JF modded Recto!! Planning on sending my UXL next...

Brendan.Clace said:
Jeff Hilligan at Egnater does an amazing job on this module for sure....there is a clip posted directly below this thread.

+1 on Hilligan @ Egnater. Did a KILLER job on my XTC! :)

here's the clip I did:

http://www.music-boulevard.org/mp3/hillyxtc-drums_lead_bass.mp3