• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mesa VTwin Preamp pedal FS/T for modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okstrat

Reaction score
pics on request, 2x12ax7 two channel tube preamp pedal. Clean or blues on one channel, lead on the other. Built like a treadplate brick, could use it to block gunfire or just add weight to your pedalboard. :)

Would prefer to trade for two MTS modules - of course, depending on what they are. Wouldn't touch two clean modules for example with a stick!

Will also cash out, you're looking at $275 shipped in the US. Again, would prefer an MTS module trade. email [email protected] with offers.

Pete

Pete if I had the cash I'd jump on this. Considering it can connect direct into the Power Amp In it's effectively another module. Plus good for going straight into an interface, or headphones. Here's a picture of what Pete's selling.

Mesa_2.jpg

I had one "given" to me for a while.... It was broke, and the guy was like "have you ever played through one of these?"

"No. Can I try it out?"
"Well, it's broken right now, but you'll love it."
"How long has it been broken?"
"About 5 years."
"Well, if I can fix it can I have it?"
"Sure."

So I got it home and it turned out to be a power supply. Then he wanted it back. Made a huge stink about it. Said stuff like "You took advantage when I was drunk."

I said "Okay but I want parts and labor." So I charged him parts ($30) and labor ($100). It was the 90 minutes on the phone with Mesa and the hassle of getting them to send out the correct power supply. It took 6 weeks to get it.

Hey, thanks for adding a pic. I got this to run with my SLO and add a little variety to the tones, but for the near future I'm probably going to be using my axe-fx rig for portability and stuff. Plus these pedals are pretty heavy, and I have a big pedalboard... just would rather get some modules for it if anyone's in a trading mood.

Oh, and it does include the power supply, which is pretty hard to get because it's 12v I think and pretty beefy to supply the tubes with power.

Pete

Before I got my RM100, I was seriously chasing one of these. For Pete or Julia. or anyone else that has run one into a MTS head- out of curiosity, how does this compare to the various Recto modules? (Grail in particular)?

Bump for Pete. I have a friend who used one of these for his main rig and it sounds REALLY good. I dont know much about them, or how he dialed it in but he has some great tones :D

Looks like it's tenatively spoken for, just gotta get off my butt and take some pics! Spent too much time soldering this weekend :)

Pete