Metal bands ACTUALLY using an MTS amp

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no.mop

Reaction score
So guys, I'm curious as to which metal bands are actually using modular amps on tour!

As far as I know, there's DevilDriver and I got the impression from this video that Darkest Hour uses them!

So is there anyone else? :)

srrdude said:
arch enemy and probably carcass.

Nope, they switched over to using a Digitech pre-amp through the RM100 power amp, if I'm not mistaken... :?

Mike is using the Digitech preamp with Carcass because he's lazy (he said it himself :p), but AFAIK it's the MTS with Arch Enemy.

Arsis uses the MTS amps, last I heard. And so does Linkin Park.

Arsis uses MTS?

verynice.gif

Shinozoku said:
Mike is using the Digitech preamp with Carcass because he's lazy (he said it himself :p), but AFAIK it's the MTS with Arch Enemy.

Ah, i stand corrected. But we arent really calling LP "metal" are we?

Curious, who in Arsis uses MTS amps...arsis has no original members left if i recall, Ryan just jumped ship and joined up with Black Dahlia Murder (SWEET) a few months ago so he may take up the boogie endorsement and "use" a triple rect (but actually use a dual HA).

Who Cares!?!

If you like the MTS, that is all that matters :!:

You are never going to sound like "insert name here" because you are not him.
Most of your tone comes for the way you hit the strings, the way you grab the neck, ect.............

Just enjoy the amazing pallet of tones Randall MTS provides for you.

I am done ranting. :wink:

LRStrat said:
Who Cares!?!

Most of your tone comes for the way you hit the strings, the way you grab the neck, ect.............

+100 on this!
I freaking love my MTS and even though I strayed from it five times to buy the BOUTIQUE amps.......
MTS can do it all. Especially when MODDED out! 8)

LRStrat said:
Who Cares!?!

I was curious as to who actually uses them, not so that I could sound like them, or I would have asked: "Does such and such band use MTS?" or "Which module is the best for this band?" I don't want their tone nearly so much as to hear good examples of the modules cranked in a live context as opposed to some kid's bedroom. I was also interested in studio vs live uses and reliability. For example, I'd love to record with a Framus Cobra, but I'd be terrified of having it **** out on me if I gigged with it, so I'd rather use another amp for gigging.

I usually play mine at very loud gig volumes. It performs flawless and punchy. Never really played it at Bedroom volume. But with the dual volume (master and Module) I am sure it would sound great.

srrdude said:
Shinozoku said:

Ah, i stand corrected. But we arent really calling LP "metal" are we?

Curious, who in Arsis uses MTS amps...arsis has no original members left if i recall, Ryan just jumped ship and joined up with Black Dahlia Murder (SWEET) a few months ago so he may take up the boogie endorsement and "use" a triple rect (but actually use a dual HA).
James Malone, the guy with the Washburn endorsement and the only original member of the band :p

My bad about LP, I was just thinking of bands in general.

I play in a metal band on Prosthetic Records called Through The Eyes Of The Dead and I LOVE the MTS series heads and cabinets. They are perfect for a gear head like me who is always chasing that tone.

nihilism said:
I play in a metal band on Prosthetic Records called Through The Eyes Of The Dead and I LOVE the MTS series heads and cabinets. They are perfect for a gear head like me who is always chasing that tone.

This guy believes in nothing, but believes in MTS

Ray abides...

Im not Metal but...
if you want to hear some mid-gain modules being played at real stage volume...check out me and my band "The Fuse" on the video we did.
Its at myspace.com/georgebarrysolo in the video area (That video is called Live at Mulcahys June 12th)
Again, its not metal..but its a straight up real recording of me and my Rm4 playing Live. No overdubs or nonsense. I think you can tell once you get these babies up in volume..its a very nice thing.
This is my cover band thing I am in, at the moment.
GtrGeorge