MIDI Effects and control for my RM100 (road worthy)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarprof

Reaction score
I really need help.

I look at some of the cool rigs you guys have and wonder if as my band does more tour dates (www.myspace.com/mozartssister), if I am in the past using pedals.

I have some $$ to spend. If you could suggest a road worthy MIDI effects set up that is not a true fortune - you can give me some food for thought!

Phil

Axess Electronics makes great gear, but it's expensive and takes a while to get.

The GCX Ground Control is nice and sturdy, but might be overkill for what you need, depending on the other midi gear you'll be switching.

I stick with the Behringer FCB1010 because I'm also controlling other midi gear and love having the two expression pedals.
It's a well made piece that I've done many dozen live shows with and it's always performed perfectly for me. They are very inexpensive too.

Be careful with the old ART stuff, it's slow at switching for some reason.
Those ADA footcontrollers are quick though, but wear out easier than most.

I've used all of the above except the Axess Electronics switcher and I'd say that the FCB1010 is the best bang for the buck.
I have a G-Major mounted in my RM100 head and it's a perfect setup with the Behringer controller.

Jim's right about the FCB1010. I use one for controling my rig and it works really well. Also the G-Major seems to be a great peice that everybody really digs. Our VP uses one w/ his RM100's and they sound great. I use a GT-Pro and it's great because I can put the FX in any order I want and I can still use the RM100's preamp. Also, because of it's extra loops I can still use individual pedals and turn them on/off as needed.