Modded Sl+/JCM 800 Clip

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheHunter

Reaction score
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=914968&songID=7265730

Check it.

Sacred Groove was cool enough to do this mod for me. I love this module so much.

1086 is in transit THANKS PETE!!!!

nope thats straight outa the amp, It brutal.

i love recording its so much fun.

Insightibanez is goona colaborate with me and do some drum work with me. So soon itll be real drums. SWEET.

That is quite brutal indeed. How did you dial that one in? And what tuning is that sounds super low

Man, your recording setup is awesome. Sounds great. Ive never tried my SL+/800 module with low tunings. I have practice this afternoon. Im gonna bring my SL+. We tune to drop C flat. Normally use the 1086.

srrdude said:
That is quite brutal indeed. How did you dial that one in? And what tuning is that sounds super low

I tune to A on a Schecter C-7 Hellraiser, w/ and EMG 81-7 18v mod. sounds pretty sweet.

Im sorry my clips are so basic but I have not had time to sit down and write any full songs yet.

TheHunter said:
srrdude said:

I tune to A on a Schecter C-7 Hellraiser, w/ and EMG 81-7 18v mod. sounds pretty sweet.

Im sorry my clips are so basic but I have not had time to sit down and write any full songs yet.

cool, I've been looking for a pu replacement for my Goth Epi7 Paul, I may go this route

I just got back from practice. Tonight I brought my SL+/800 along with my 1086 and blackface. Uh, Yeah. I dont think i have a use for my 1086 at the moment. I was floored. It completely blew my 1086 away. We tune to drop Cb (metal/hard rock). The lowend is a little bigger than the 1086 but still as tight. And the mids! Im all about nice dark mids. The SL+ has a low mid growl that the 1086 doesnt - even in full mid mode. It makes the SL+ seem louder than it is. The sound is very "in your face". Ive been using my 1086 exclusively with this band since i bought it in Nov. Not anymore! Sorry Mailman and Pedro :wink: I cant believe Ive never tried this before. Also the SL+ is much better for leads and single note work - the 1086 is thin in this way.

This is what I love about MTS. I gig 2-3 night a week with my bands. I use different moduls for each of them as they are each different styles. Ive been using my SL+ for my Top 40 cover band (standard tuning) with the gain @ noon and lovin it. I get a nice inbetween high and mid gain tone. I didnt think it would work well for drop tuned metal. Wow! I ran the gain up to around 2-2:30(oclock) and my tone was rippin!

Oh yeah - I didnt even mess with a boost on it yet. I was running a slight clean boost with the 1086.

droptrd said:
I just got back from practice. Tonight I brought my SL+/800 along with my 1086 and blackface. Uh, Yeah. I dont think i have a use for my 1086 at the moment. I was floored. It completely blew my 1086 away. We tune to drop Cb (metal/hard rock). The lowend is a little bigger than the 1086 but still as tight. And the mids! Im all about nice dark mids. The SL+ has a low mid growl that the 1086 doesnt - even in full mid mode. It makes the SL+ seem louder than it is. The sound is very "in your face". Ive been using my 1086 exclusively with this band since i bought it in Nov. Not anymore! Sorry Mailman and Pedro :wink: I cant believe Ive never tried this before. Also the SL+ is much better for leads and single note work - the 1086 is thin in this way.

This is what I love about MTS. I gig 2-3 night a week with my bands. I use different moduls for each of them as they are each different styles. Ive been using my SL+ for my Top 40 cover band (standard tuning) with the gain @ noon and lovin it. I get a nice inbetween high and mid gain tone. I didnt think it would work well for drop tuned metal. Wow! I ran the gain up to around 2-2:30(oclock) and my tone was rippin!

Oh yeah - I didnt even mess with a boost on it yet. I was running a slight clean boost with the 1086.

I was using the SL+(JCM800) exclusively, its just so sweet sounding, but I gotta tell ya after getting the 1086 modded, the SL+ is now second to it. The modded 1086 has more volume, more usable mids, more crunch, more everything, Its an amazing module.

I was like you before with the 1086, used it sparingly cuz it was cool on its own at home, but lacked when in a band situartion, now the 1086 is full of tone and gain and its just a massive pair up with the SL+.

TheHunter said:
droptrd said:

I was using the SL+(JCM800) exclusively, its just so sweet sounding, but I gotta tell ya after getting the 1086 modded, the SL+ is now second to it. The modded 1086 has more volume, more usable mids, more crunch, more everything, Its an amazing module.

I was like you before with the 1086, used it sparingly cuz it was cool on its own at home, but lacked when in a band situartion, now the 1086 is full of tone and gain and its just a massive pair up with the SL+.
What mods did Pete do to your 1086?

[/quote]What mods did Pete do to your 1086?[/quote]

Warmth/ Clarity, Bass cap pull switch on the gain knob, GAIN dynamic pull switch on the gain knob.

More gain on tap, Before I had the switch to the right and the gain around 2 to 3 oclock and I had to boost it with a TS-9 to get it to open up. NOT the case now, NOW i have the gain switch to the left and gain knob still around 2 or 3 oclock. The mid voicing switch is just insane as well, Before it was kinda stale to the right but not any more, its way more aggressive now. And I have not figured out how the Gain dynamic knob works but from what I can tell it changes the gain structure from mesa to marshall crunch/sizzle. <KIND OF>

Check out my clips, http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=914968

Is that the Mailman mod? When i get some more cash Im going to send my 1086 off to get modded. In the meantime... It will be sitting on my shelf. :lol:

Not the mailman mod but the original 1086 mod, the mailman mod form what Dan told me has increased mids and some minor EQing. :?:

This is your basic PRO PETE mode. :D

He will tell you himself that it is the single best modded module money, arms, legs and testicles can buy. :twisted:

Ok, another update. I gigged last night. I brought along the same setup as i did for practice - blackface, SL+ and 1086. I know i said the SL+ was my new one and only, but there was some things i ended up liking the 1086 better for. While the SL+ blew the 1086 away at rehearsal, I only used it about 85% of the time. I still think the SL+ rules, But it is not "THE module for all things ROCK" as i stated before. Glad i had my 1086 with me.

Ok here goes another report. Yesterday I play at a cancer benefit for my buddies mom. I played 40 min sets at 2:30, 8:30, 9:30 and 12:30am. I volenteered my amp and cab for use on stage. I originaly brought my Dual Rec cause it is much easier for someone to dial in. (The RM100 is a tweakers amp. you cant just plug in and get the exact tone you want out of it. you have to spend a little time with it to tweek it.) I did my 1st set at 2:30 with my trusty old 2ch DR - i have not used this amp since getting into MTS about 4-5 months ago. What the hell was I thinking! after the set, I ran home and grabbed my RM100 and used it for the rest of the night. AHHHHHHHHHH Much Better! I knew the DR's had no warmth at all, but I never noticed the how mushy sounding and the lack of punch it had. Also after being away from it for 4-5 months I really noticed how buzzy/fuzzy/fizzy sounding that amp is. No midrange either. I love my MTS gear!

Oh yeah, that DR is for Sale!

LOL :D :D :twisted:

Thats just to funny of a story I love it. Down with DR in comes MTS LOL.

Thank you for that that made me chukle.

Hilarious...the only way that DR could hang with a PeteMTS Mod is if you sent the DR to be modified