Jaded Faith 1959RR Clips

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disciple

Reaction score
Decided to try and record a few quick demo clips for Jaded Faith's 1959RR mod tonight on a portable recorder I have, since there's none on here yet.

Settings: Gain 6, Bass 7.5, Middle 7, Treble 6, Boost engaged (based on Rob's modded version of his 1959RR head)

First link is some Suicide Solution riffs:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=1184970&songID=10808719

Second link is some Ride the Lightning riffs:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=1184970&songID=10808924

Keep in mind this is by no means a high quality recording :) It was used with a portable recorder set on my chair in my jam room a few feet from my amp, and I didn't tweak anything just uploaded it and that's it. It definitely makes it more bassy sounding, but you can get the rough sound of the module from it. And I haven't played these riffs in years so forgive me for not the cleanest playing and I was trying to keep my 21 month daughter away from touching the rack setup while playing. Enjoy!

Nice work and thanks for posting the clips! I think I need to make myself one soon and get some clips rolling as well. :lol:

Sounded great to my ears! The RR really has the characteristics of Randy's about to blow up amp on 10 happening. That even pushed slightly with an MXR would satisfy my Randy needs for sure. Really raw.

Say what is the story about Ride the lightning being recorded with marshalls that had the RR mod done to them? Is this confirmed?

Kapo_Polenton said:
Sounded great to my ears! The RR really has the characteristics of Randy's about to blow up amp on 10 happening. That even pushed slightly with an MXR would satisfy my Randy needs for sure. Really raw.

Say what is the story about Ride the lightning being recorded with marshalls that had the RR mod done to them? Is this confirmed?
Probably not the RR mods, but the same model of amp with similar mods.

Disciple said:
Decided to try and record a few quick demo clips for Jaded Faith's 1959RR mod tonight on a portable recorder I have, since there's none on here yet.

Settings: Gain 6, Bass 7.5, Middle 7, Treble 6, Boost engaged (based on Rob's modded version of his 1959RR head)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=1184970&songID=10808719

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=1184970&songID=10808924

Keep in mind this is by no means a high quality recording :) It was used with a portable recorder set on my chair in my jam room a few feet from my amp, and I didn't tweak anything just uploaded it and that's it. It definitely makes it more bassy sounding, but you can get the rough sound of the module from it. And I haven't played these riffs in years so forgive me for not the cleanest playing and I was trying to keep my 21 month daughter away from touching the rack setup while playing. Enjoy!
is their a mod to get more gain out of that module i want to get one but i need more distortion for my taste

The gain on the module was only at 6, it has a bit more. I'm sure Rob could add more if customers wish but then it'd be tweaking it for more than it is actually designed off of (original 1959rr and his modded version of 1959rr).

You could also easily get more gain by putting an mxr or ts9 pedal for od.

Also thanks for kind words guys on clips, glad to post them so people could hear this amazing module.

idn't there a boost sweitch on this mod. I thought I remember reading that back a few months ago. At any rate pretty cool tone. I think for what it is trying to capture the gain is probably spot on.

the crush 36 said:
is their a mod to get more gain out of that module i want to get one but i need more distortion for my taste

Well, in honesty, you wouldn't choose a 1959RR amp for it's high gain

the crush 36 said:
Disciple said:

JF invented a diode clipping circuit recently that works very well with MTS....I have a 59RR with that option and it pushes it well into JCM900 territory....Lotsa gain....

Vid forthcoming...JF XTC coming up in a couple days...

There is a JMP/JCM switch on what was the bright switch. That clip sounds to me like the JMP side, which is true to the original amp and lower gain. The JCM side has enough gain for almost anything you could ask for.

Mattfig was also spot on about the new Diode clipping circuit that can be added for JCM 900-style gain boosting.

Jaded Faith said:
That clip sounds to me like the JMP side, which is true to the original amp and lower gain. The JCM side has enough gain for almost anything you could ask for.

These clips were actually the boosted modded 1959rr side, my original 1959rr side on the bright switch has significantly less gain on my mod and at 6 on the right modded side of bright switch, my left side of bright switch doesn't get this heavy even when dimed.

Was there any mod changes since mine was made besides the diode clipping on figs (that'd be sweet to have)? I know mine was one of the first few.

JF invented a diode clipping circuit recently that works very well with MTS....I have a 59RR with that option and it pushes it well into JCM900 territory....Lotsa gain....

Was this influenced by the Nuno NB module? That needs to get into production with someone..

The nuno sounds like no other module stock or modded I've played so far and the 1959rr doesn't get that tone. The Nuno is a much darker Marshall tone scooped - cool and unique for sure. Had to jam on it last week after getting it back from rob who I sent it to for awhile.

very cool audio clip...sounds so very RR!!!! He was so inventive..I miss his playing so much...
GtrGeorge

Disciple said:
These clips were actually the boosted modded 1959rr side, my original 1959rr side on the bright switch has significantly less gain on my mod and at 6 on the right modded side of bright switch, my left side of bright switch doesn't get this heavy even when dimed.

Was there any mod changes since mine was made besides the diode clipping on figs (that'd be sweet to have)? I know mine was one of the first few.
I went back and listened again and realized you said it was recorded with a recorder on a chair a bit away from the amp. It sounds like the right side to me now. Yours is the same as any other out there, so if there is any lack of gain be sure to try 2 known good tubes in there just to be safe. I ran across a sub-par tube in Lunati's SL-OD100 on the bench when building it and thought I had made a mistake in assembling it! :lol:

The lighter JMP side is actually spot on to the gain levels of the actual amp. I had even modded mine for a little more muscle than stock. I think it's easy to forget the 1959RR is an old non-master volume JMP sometimes.

I thought the JMP side of the RR is dead on as well. Those amps needed an overdrive to really kick. Rhoads had been known to use the MXR for his needs. I used a TS9 with mine and it was loads of fun. Great work Rob! :D Cant wait to hear clips of your SLO. 8)

Jaded Faith said:
I went back and listened again and realized you said it was recorded with a recorder on a chair a bit away from the amp. It sounds like the right side to me now. Yours is the same as any other out there, so if there is any lack of gain be sure to try 2 known good tubes in there just to be safe.

Rob, there's plenty of gain on the right side for sure the left side just isn't as gain dimed as the right side at 6 and on, which is fine since the jmp really isn't a high gain anyhow. I can use a booster on it if needed, but the right side has more than enough gain for my needs for sure.