Some HUGE Mr. Scary tones...if I do say so myself.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes i spent the afternoon playing with it and i can tell you the effects loops
s... big time i dont care if it s instrument level or whatever (as soon as you connect a device in there you lose sounds i know it s normal i dont care i dont like that and i dont like it,, i have much more fun playing with my podxt /computer/ and my studio monitor, and my guitar effects processor boss gx 700,, bye bye randall
and viva amp modelling ,, im selling all my stuff locallly and if i have any modules left will be here or ebay,,

i can tell you the effects loops
s... big time i dont care if it s instrument level or whatever ]

This may be the strangest thing I've ever read here- you have to use a line level pedal in the loop, you can't use any pedal and then think whatever this sux?!

My hardwire reverb was excellent in the loop...have fun playing with the POD, but know that you are probably not connecting your Randall loops properly.

i'm very curious to know exactly how you're running things and how exactly it sounds different.

Obviously if you misuse something it's going to sound like **** :p

Get a line level converter and learn just how amazing the amp can be ;)

Try plugging and playing without effects then ;) Plug-and-play generally means no frills or effects. I'm a plug-and-play man. Guitar-Amp-Cab.

Multi-FX pedals and units (Aside from the greater ones like the Digitech GSP1101, etc.) tend to suck tone, and on top of that they need to be line level to work in an effects loop. MultiFX stuff is usually meant to be run out front or into a PA or dedicated power amp.

tomorrow i will give it one last try here is my setup and it s working good,without the randall so far,,

guitar-input boss rack-output rack boss to -input podxt-output podxt-
to m-audio monitor or randall rm50 input.

now which module would be best to use 1-the clean blackface
2- the brahma
3-mr scary gigmods

what i think is if i use the pod or the boss amp simulator i better use the clean if i use only the effects on boss or podxt then i can use either module. what do you guys think? another annoying thing is you have to tell the pod or the boss what you are connected to , like stack amp, power combo amp ect,,if it doesnt sound sharp and clean i sell the randall stuff and try a keyboard amp or pa 50 watts no hassle no tube nothing,

i think it depends on what you want. a podxt or any modeler through a keyboard amp sounds wonderful. plug and play, very crisp. but it will not get you the same sound that you can only get through a real guitar rig (i.e. a real head with a 4x12 cab).

if you dont plan on playing out at all, or dont mind sacrificing that oompf, and really like the extreme simplicity of it, the podxt+keyboard amp thing will work fine.

so decide what you want to build around. the podxt, or the randall. if its the randall, get a m13 or a rackmount fx unit (can be had for not much money. i.e. rocktron xpression).

that s exactly what s happening i have to make a choice since january i play around i bought pedals , isp , delay boss delay carbon copy, transparent od,
and i feel like im wasting money and time but i have to try stuff on my own ,for sure the best sound comes from a head and 4x12 but it s too loud for me
for the basement,, i will probably go with the modelling side (the dark side)
you are right the m13 sounds interesting option for an amp,

djkal said:
that s exactly what s happening i have to make a choice since january i play around i bought pedals , isp , delay boss delay carbon copy, transparent od,
and i feel like im wasting money and time but i have to try stuff on my own ,for sure the best sound comes from a head and 4x12 but it s too loud for me
for the basement,, i will probably go with the modelling side (the dark side)
you are right the m13 sounds interesting option for an amp,

personally i use a digitech gsp2101 artist. 300 bucks used. now that i have a randall i can connect the head to the effects unit and with 1 button press of my behringer fcb1010 (100 bucks used) it will change channels on the amp and the fx unit at once. now i have quality effects through a quality amp. the opposite of a podxt :)

i would love to here this tone in a full mix with bass and drums. i just recieved an rm100 and i reckon the mr scary is the only module that come close to the high gain sounds of my old engl blackmore.....all about the clarity!

Finally i got a good sound out of my amp with my setup and im using the brahma module i dont need the mr scary anymore i want to try something different thanks all for your help so my guitar goes to my rack module and my rack module goes to my podxt and my pod goes to noisegate pedal to my amp and now i can use rack only or podxt only or amp only i have the choice and all my podxt good patch sounds good through the brahma (each one needs a little tweaking) i wonder why it sounds so good with the brahma
and some other module not at all it must have the perfect gain ... whatever.

My Brahma has the clearest tone out of all of my gain modules. Maybe that has something to do with it.

I could use that module alone with a boost for the heavier stuff and leads and never need another gain tone. I also have a Mr Scary, KH2, KH3, and have traded away a Grail, and SL+ (should have kept though).

interesting eyeball im looking to trade a mod mr scary for a sl+,, do you know when the new version has started ? i think it s 2007+? maybe a module with too much gain will not sound right in my setup anyway, maybe a brown might sound good too,,

Could be. If this happens to be a front end gain thing, the Plexi would probably also be a good choice. I don't really know anything about the Brown.