Some HUGE Mr. Scary tones...if I do say so myself.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schlagdog

Reaction score
I put up a quick minute of a huge tone I dialed in tonight recording. I used as always the Mr. Scary and added the Screamer from my Line6 M13 to it. It's sounding HUGE!!!!! Recorded with an SM57 into a Presonus BlueTube preamp then into Digital Performer with no processing. Like usually I just noodled a random heavy riff I with playing earlier in the evening. I always tend to play the Treadplate, then as soon as I go to record it never sounds good. Its always back to the Mr. Scary when I record anything.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=957017&songID=8704459

Mr. Scary always rules. From AC/DC to DevilDriver tones with ease. You should hear it in the original MP3 through my Mackie 824's.

Only listened to this at low volumes late last night...but this is a nice recording... 8)

Sounds pretty thick, good job, what settings you got on the scary? and whats the settings on the screamer? if you don't mind ;)

yeah, cool rectoish sound :)
only a bit bassy for complete mix.....

Was the M13 just the Screamer or were you using some other effects too.

I was just using the Screamer with nothing else. The guitar is my Washburn WI66Pro with the Custom Custom in it. Its by far my favorite pickup.
I added another small clip without the Screamer on also
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=957017&songID=8706464

Marked for listening later. I had a stock Scary and then had it modded. I can't remember what the stock one sounds like.

Schag, try the Scary with the Bass up at 2:30, Mids at 1:30, and treble at 12:30, and the gain at 11:00.

I felt it was missing some mids.

Then compare the clips. Bah... then I've got to remember it's an age thing.

I pref'd the non boosted clip myself. I liked the tone a lot on that one. My modded Scary sounds similar but with a different vibe on the low end. I think I might pick up a stock Scary to compare it to my modded one.

well very interesting i guess hours of fun with that thing,,, im going to sell my pod xt and get that,,, it s more useful than my podxt,, to an amp like mine sounds awful,,, how is the sound m13 ?it s all digital so it must be perfectly clear no need for a noisegate i guess?

FYI POD models typically default to having a cabinet model included with the amp model. If you use the amp model with a guitar speaker you must make sure you have the cabinet model turned off.

ok julia thanks so when im in gearbox software i have a bunch of patch there i just remove the cabs save it and transfer it to my podxt?
i guess that s why it sounded bad, i can also do it directly on the pod ,,
thanks for the info julia

djkal said:
well very interesting i guess hours of fun with that thing,,, im going to sell my pod xt and get that,,, it s more useful than my podxt,, to an amp like mine sounds awful,,, how is the sound m13 ?it s all digital so it must be perfectly clear no need for a noisegate i guess?

I got a PODXT live from a pawnshop at a super cheap price just to try and use for effects before I got the M13. I only got it because I paid $100 for it because I know the Pawnshop guys. Its sounded extra bad just because its really not made to be used for only effects. I turned off all the models and cabs and it just wasn't good. I've owned about every L6 thing they have ever made and M13 is the way to go for effects unless you have $1500 to spend on a G-System. The M13 does cause hum with my RM100 in the 4CM hookup but I fixed it by buying a $30 ground loop breaker box. I run 3 channels of the M13 into the front of the RM100 and the other I actually go into the series loop. The series loop worked out way better for me then the parallel loop that most people use. The PODXT is good as a stand alone unit but if you want effects and nothing but effects the M13 is amazing.

you are right schlag i use now my pod xt in my m-audio speaker it sounds superb and also a keyboard amp will be awesome too, i just bought a rack boss gx 700 i will run it through my m audio and if it s too small i will buy a keyboard amp i think will sell all my randall stuff,