Module thats close to my RG100T head?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stonebreaker

Reaction score
I'm looking for a Module that sounds close to my Randall RG100T tube head. I'm looking at getting a small RM combo for in home practice since my Half stack is way too big and loud.

From my research it looks like the Ultra modules. Any other suggestions?

The 1086 maybe?

the regular ultra will probably nail it as well as sound much beefier, the 1086 has no where near enough gain to come remotley close. if you've played super high gain amps you'll find that the 1086 is very weak on gain in comparison. not to say that the 1086 doesn't have decent gain and it is a high gain module but even with the boost on it wasn't quite enough for me. i started playin an ultra xl and quickly realized the difference in gain between the 1086 and the ultras. 1086 sounds something like a rectifier and a marshall mixed together and is a great module that is very versatile but go with the ultra or ultra xl which isn't as scooped as the regular ultra.

Have Pete do a mid shift to your Ultra. Sounds fantastic! There's a sound sample on his site. His shifted Ultra sample has the gain at noon I believe.

any ideas to reduce the noise? Anybody do that without reducing sustain (like noise gates all do..)?
I love the tone of my stock Ultra ..I like scooped mids and it isnt all that scopped,imho...but it just sounds good,to me. but noisy..

Maybe try some new tubes. My modules were extra noisy until I replaced the preamp tubes in the amp. I also tried replacing the module's preamp tubes but that didn't do it for me.