Most used Module?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maximus1 said:
what do you do to the 1086 and how much different is it than stock?

Switchable gain boosts, my typical clarity/warmth mod, switchable bass cap values

I hate these questions....

Currently it is my BrahmaKH-2KH-3ModdedUltraMr.ScaryErectEG3/4SL2ModdedSL+ module

Wish I had more time to give them all even playing time...

It used to be my SL+, but when I received my Ultra XL, I couldn't switch back. It's awesome for Drop C and modern heavy metal tone. I'm modding the SL+ tomorrow to tighten it up and add mids.

Toss between my Pete modded 1086 and my Dave Friedman modded Brahma. Both are killer and sound TOTALLY different, but those modules get some SERIOUS play action! 8)

Mailman1971 said:
Dave Friedman modded Brahma.

I need to hear one of those! Although I suspect if he ups the gain and bass...for lead tones it won't sound a million miles away from a KH2 :-/

JKD said:
Mailman1971 said:

I need to hear one of those! Although I suspect if he ups the gain and bass...for lead tones it won't sound a million miles away from a KH2 :-/
Well I had a Cameron modded marshall and it sounded KILLER....the Dave Modded Brahma is right in the ball park. really really LOVE it!!
But I use a modded SD-1 in front for voltage push and it sounds so HUGE and CLEAR crunchy distortion. Lead notes just sing as well. Good turn around time and price from Dave. Also have the Friedman modded Mr. Scary but actually love the tone from the Brahma WAY MORE!! Check it out! :wink:

Mailman1971 said:
JKD said:
Mailman1971 said:

Well I had a Cameron modded marshall and it sounded KILLER....the Dave Modded Brahma is right in the ball park. really really LOVE it!!
But I use a modded SD-1 in front for voltage push and it sounds so HUGE and CLEAR crunchy distortion. Lead notes just sing as well. Good turn around time and price from Dave. Also have the Friedman modded Mr. Scary but actually love the tone from the Brahma WAY MORE!! Check it out! :wink:

Post a video clip...? :p

Man....I dont even have a clue how to do that Steve! haha
Get ahold of Dave.....he will hook it up for less than a 100. TOTALLY worth it!! I can get his email for you if you want.

Mailman1971 said:
Man....I dont even have a clue how to do that Steve! haha
Get ahold of Dave.....he will hook it up for less than a 100. TOTALLY worth it!! I can get his email for you if you want.

Can't get another used Brahma..too much money..it took me forever to score the one I have now :-/

I just sent mine off to Dave and he had it back to me in a couple weeks modded. KILLER TONE! best I have heard from the RM100 series or any Egnater module. Ask old Goldwing68 (neddy boy) about the Modded Brahma. He will give you the same story. :D

Mailman1971 said:
I just sent mine off to Dave and he had it back to me in a couple weeks modded. KILLER TONE! best I have heard from the RM100 series or any Egnater module. Ask old Goldwing68 (neddy boy) about the Modded Brahma. He will give you the same story. :D

yep...you're right,li'l pardner! 8) ...keep on truckin'

Mailman1971 said:
JKD said:
Mailman1971 said:

The Friedman modded brahma is VERY different from KH-2. The mids on the Brahma are just plain AMAZING! Lots of harmonics and just plain juicy sounding when boosted. I'm a high gain player at heart but this Brahma has just floored me. :shock: :shock: Crikey!

JKD, you WILL adore this module!

rmilbeck said:
Mailman1971 said:
Thats a Big 10-4......Bj McKay and his "best friend Bear" is out!!! :D

memories.

Judy Landers as Stacks on BJ & the Bear, Catherine Bach as Daisy Duke... it was a good time to be a 10 yr. old boy :D

yes it was,Russkie! good pickins...judy landers & catherine bach...hmm,hmm good! :wink: gimme sum a "nubbin' :p

It's the Great Brahma Conspiracy :evil:

Who'd I have to kill to get one :twisted:

[/quote]The Friedman modded brahma is VERY different from KH-2. The mids on the Brahma are just plain AMAZING! Lots of harmonics and just plain juicy sounding when boosted. I'm a high gain player at heart but this Brahma has just floored me. :shock: :shock: Crikey! JKD, you WILL adore this module![/quote]

the mids are the "special" part of the tone...Randall did a killer job with this one,courtesy of tone-guru Dave Friedman!!!

JKD said:
It's tge Great Brahma Conspiracy :evil:

Who'd I have to kill to get one :twisted:

once i read about the "senseless killing spree",out in Northern Cal,i'll know who got a BRAHMA module... :lol: i can see it now "deranged guitar player 'mass-murders' victims of all types,including nazi-playboys,armenian hookers,tv evangelical priests hooked on meth,and certain Latvian-imported farm animals no taller than 3 feet,weighing no more than 46lbs with crooked hind feet!!!" good god,man...the INSANITY over this MTS stuff JUST WONT STOP!!! :shock: