My Dual Module Debate

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frodgemo

Reaction score
So, I'm just about ready to send some dual Egnater donors for mods. But (as I'm sure you can understand), I'm having some difficulty making some decisions. So I'm just looking for opinions from those who own or are familiar with a few mods in particular, single or dual channel versions.

To start: I love my B-Man for clean - mid gain. Along those lines, I'm stuck between the Jaded Faith Vybe-Deluxe, Plexi-Tweed, and possibly the Voxless.

Anyone care to share their thoughts? Thanks.

I love my B'man for clean/mid gain as well but I'm sending my dual Erect to be modded into a Voxless. I really wouldn't mod the B'man; I like it just as it is and it has remained as my clean module in the #1 slot since I got into MTS in 2006.

While the Vybe deluxe can certainly do very nice clean tones, IMO it really wants to be pushed to that "squishy" edge of breakup sort of tone. That's where it REALLY excels. I'm not to familiar with how Rob does his dual channel mods, but I imagine if you could have one channel wired "cleaner", it would be a win/win. I know I saw a dual channel Vybe on Facebook, I think it was Drew's...maybe he'll chime in. The Voxless is the same way, just a different tonal flavor. That said, of the three, the Plexi/Tweed is probably the most similar to your BMan.....I love mine, but rarely seek clean tones out of it.

I also agree with the above, when I had my M4, I LOVED the stock B'Man mod. If it works for you...it works.

Thanks for the insights, guys. I've definitely considered the idea of just keeping the Bman as is...I love it, I just wish it were more versatile. I'm still not 100% sure what route I'm going to go here though. I maybe should be considering the Texas Special here, too, I'm wondering...man this is tough!