My new Camerock!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiomidijace

Reaction score
I finally received my Camerock and had a chance to spend some time with it this morning. It is really cool! :twisted:
It doesn't sound like any other module I've played. Very unique. It can be a bit bright, so I put a pair of EH12AX7 tubes in there to thicken it up which worked nicely.
I've played a Cameron amp a few times, but not lately. When I did it was a 100 Watt head and a 4x12. I have a 50 watt combo 1x12. So things are obviously going to sound different. But the Camerock does have the flavor I remember from the real amp. It's very focused and tight and I really love it. I've wanted to buy a Cameron amp since the first time Mark walked in to my store with one to try. Owning the Camerock is probably the closest I'll ever get! :D

!NICE!

I'm this close to ordering one after seeing the new Salvation Tour de Camerock on Youtube. I think it my Mash-all+ would complement it nicely :D How tight is the bottom end? I've got a Genz-Benz 2x12 for my RM100.

A pic of my little RM22 w/2x12 rig I took a couple weeks ago ;) I only play through an RM22, but the Camerock has a pretty tight bottom end - much tighter than the Rhoadie, anyways!

DSC03775-1.jpg

rhequiem said:
A pic of my little RM22 w/2x12 rig I took a couple weeks ago ;) I only play through an RM22, but the Camerock has a pretty tight bottom end - much tighter than the Rhoadie, anyways!

DSC03775-1.jpg

That looks like my Camerock! I picked it up from the Camerock Rescue down the street...She took a short trip to Cali but is on her way home now....

No more California summer nights for that beauty. She tried the Hollywood lifestyle, but her cruel master shipped her to colder lands :eek: Maybe you can take her polar bear'ing or whatever else crazy shenanigans you mid-westerners get up to! lol

Sonicboom said:
!NICE!

I'm this close to ordering one after seeing the new Salvation Tour de Camerock on Youtube. I think it my Mash-all+ would complement it nicely :D How tight is the bottom end? I've got a Genz-Benz 2x12 for my RM100.
Very tight. Much tighter than my Mash-All.

Oh my... I just got my Camerock in the mail today. WOW. This is on my "desert island" module list for sure. Modded Marshall at its finest. This thing has so many little toggles that it gives it plenty of different flavors. Not hard to get a great tone almost instantly. I am very impressed. Now back out to the garage to have a shootout with the Camerock and the 59RR Platinum 8)

Remember that with EL84's and the RM22's that modules will likely sound a little brighter and thinner at times depending on the settings. I suspect most modules were designed to run on platforms similar to the real amps ; 50 and 100 watts. Glad you are enjoying your module though.. that one does look interesting. I just have zero mula right now for new modules..

I also received my Camerock this week.
I have yet to dig into all its options. But my first impression is that this is a real winner. Very flexible, sharp and tight modded Marshall sound.
It is on the brighter Marshall side which makes playing fast riffs very accentuated.
While listening to the sound examples, I thought it might be a little "eighties" but I can surely say, this mod also covers modern ground if you don't something not so rectoish.

Bukak65 said:
Anyone try both? I heard that the quick mod blows the doors off the cameron

Doubtful it blows the doors off, in all honesty the Camerock may be one of the most tweakable, versatile modded Marshall type mod I've played and gets from some low gain to mid crunch to high gain and pretty extreme gain.

Welcome to the board.

Agreed. I had a Camerock, and it was an amazingly tweakable mod, and sounded great throughout its various modes and switchable options. I know Rob does great work, but "blows the doors off" sounds a bit extreme. I'd really like to play with a QuickMod, either way, though :)

Disciple said:
Bukak65 said:
Anyone try both? I heard that the quick mod blows the doors off the cameron

Doubtful it blows the doors off, in all honesty the Camerock may be one of the most tweakable, versatile modded Marshall type mod I've played and gets from some low gain to mid crunch to high gain and pretty extreme gain.

Welcome to the board.

Thanks for the reply. I'm new to the module thing.i mostlayed hand wired and am very surprised on how awesome the modules sound. Can you recommend must haves for me.
Thanks in advance

Bukak65 said:
Can you recommend must haves for me.
Thanks in advance
post some sounds you like and details and people can better help you

I'm not sure if Splawn vs Cameron is easy to do...both built off Marshalls, but(based off clips of the real amps) Camerons have more percussiveness & Splawns have a distinct mid tone. The module demoes seem to have the same differences. Never played the Quick Rod, but the Camerock is a killer mod with oodles of sensitivity. Being a hi gain metalhead, I flipped every Plexi-type I owned till this one, it's very inspiring. I'll need to get a Splawn when finances allow

Bukak65 said:
I play covers so I'm looking for versatility. Clean crunch and heavy

Recommend Sacred Groove's XTC LE or Salvation Masholdano for this, love both of mine and are two of the most versatile mods I've played hands down!