My Valentine's Day present....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImNoShredder

Reaction score
Here in the snowy, icy, frigid Cincinnati Ohio area I thought I heard the doorbell. Odd because driving was not permitted due to the bad weather (level 3 emergency). It's so cold the doorbell actually froze when it was pushed (had to get a hairdryer to free it up). :lol:

But, **** if it wasn't the Fed Ex guy -- With the MHG module I've been waiting for!! :D
Frank had graciously traded the ERect mod I originally ordered for my M4 for the MHG, and I have been waiting for about a week.

Let me tell you, it is exactly what I was looking for. That fluid, singing sustaining lead tone I need (on the B ch). Back the gain off A ch and it's the 'chugga' I need for some of the heavier stuff I do.

As the Guiness guys would say... BRILLIANT!!!

BTW -- I've dialed in some absolutely great tones now. It took awhile but after turning knobs endlessly I think I found the right combination. It mostly had to do with running the pre amp and amp hotter and and attenuating it with the Xpression.
I'm running the M4 at 3 o'clock and the PV 50/50 all the way up (resonance at 5, Presence at 6). Then adjust the Xpression for master volume.

Now B ch on the DLX ROCKS! GREAT drive tone for everything esp some of the country stuff!! :oops:

VX is clean and jangly (A ch) and the drive (B ch) retains that character.

The SL2 finally sounds like I'd expect a modded Marshall to sound like. Grinds yet still 'notesy'. Nice lead tones with the B driven a little harder.

And now, the MHG. YIKES!! Serious gain on tap! Love it.

So there ya go. I'm thoroughly thrilled. I have NOT been able to say that about and amp in years. Spent all morning playing it....instead of shovelling my way out to get to work :wink:

4 modules - 8 channels. Are you freakin' kidding me??!!

And, I've grown into the Xpression thing - I'm really liking this piece - however, I now need to start the midi mapping for specific locations, etc. I have a MidiMate on the way so anyone with experience using/programming one I'd like to pick your brains on how to set it up.

PS - I'm "on the list" to get a COD ASAP!! And now that I have my basic setup in place, it's "collect 'em all" time!!!

Joe

Congratulations!

Do I ever I love that channel too! I use it with a single coil for my version of the Holdsworth-Eric Johnson thing. You can hear it live on the "Little Black Baby Jesus/Sacred Watershed" video I posted here and also on our website. The recorded tone is ok on the video, but it doesn' nearly do it justice.

John Czajkowski said:
Congratulations!

Do I ever I love that channel too! I use it with a single coil for my version of the Holdsworth-Eric Johnson thing. You can hear it live on the "Little Black Baby Jesus/Sacred Watershed" video I posted here and also on our website. The recorded tone is ok on the video, but it doesn' nearly do it justice.

John,
What is your set up? I'm especially interested because I'm about to get an MTS set up. Having checked out your site and music, I'm also doing similar musical paths. Like you, I need a good all out gain channel as well as high head room clean for jazz.
Tung

ImNoShredder said:
Here in the snowy, icy, frigid Cincinnati Ohio area I thought I heard the doorbell. Odd because driving was not permitted due to the bad weather (level 3 emergency). It's so cold the doorbell actually froze when it was pushed (had to get a hairdryer to free it up). :lol:

Joe[/quot

We got a huge dumping here in Hamilton ,Ontario too. I'm hoping to get my MTS set up soon to enjoy those snow days in my home studio.
Congrats and thanks for posting your experiences with the modules.