Need Module Recommendations...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercury25

Reaction score
I recently got the Mod50 head with the VX and SL2 modules and it's great so far!

Now I'm looking for a module for heavier tones--like Alterbridge/Nickelback/Saliva, etc.

I know these guys use Mesa Triple Recs and Bogner Uberschalls, but I've heard the Erect module can be a little woofy without cutting through.

Any EG5 and Erect users out there to comment?

Also, what would be another "clean" module to add some variety? BMan or T/D?

Thanks!

Maybe the EG3/4 or the COD. For clean try the T/V.

Ohhh nice--how do you get one?

Is it only like channel A of the VX or can you dial in some crunch like channel B?

The Erect is a real monster, but it depends on how you run it. I've got JJ ECC083S gold pin tubes in mine. I run the gain rather low, like 10 or 11 o clock. Once it goes past noon I find it gets almost too much gain and a bit woofy as you said. I run my MI Audio Tubezone in to it if I need any more gain and it also tames the woofy bottom end. I'm really pleased with the tone out of it, I can get similar Nickleback / Alter Bridge tone. It is a bit darker than my Eggie SL++ and Randall Brown. If I didn't have the Erect, then I would either have a Grail or a Pete Turley modded Recto with Vintage switch and Bass switch options.
Cheers
Damian

Mercury25 said:
Ohhh nice--how do you get one?

Is it only like channel A of the VX or can you dial in some crunch like channel B?

Not that I remember, I didn't keep it long. Like I said it's VERY clean, so no crunchyness. I don't think it's a standard module so you'd either have to haunt eBay or ask Egnater to build you one.

Thanks guys--

After talking with Jeff @ Egnater, I think I'll just get the EG5 and be done with it!

Now I just need the E2 chassis...whenever it comes out!