Need some FX help! Venting inside...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ultron

Reaction score
:x
I'm kinda frustrated....I've been looking for a "line-level friendly" multi-fx pedal that will provide delay and reverb to put in the loop of my RM100LB. I do not want to use any rack gear, nor use any Ebtech/Egnater gadgets.

I've looked at the Eventide TimeFactor ($$$) and the Nova Delay, both excellent units able to work in a hot loop, but neither provide true reverb.

The Zoom G3 looks perfect, and has been getting rave reviews at TGP of all places, but it looks to be instrument level only (no definitive answer).

I had an M13 and 2 different DD-3s that all sounded like absolute garbage in the RM100 loop, regardless of my module level. Had to sell them both.

Any ideas, suggestions (besides selling the RM100)?

Digitech Hardwire Reverb (Lexicon chip) is outstanding & works well in the mts; I imagine the delay is similar...not a multi fx, but 2 pedals that would kick ***

I've been considering the Nova Reverb and Delay Pedals to use with my RM100 as well, anyone using this combo?

I don't really use much beyond reverb and delay, so it makes sense to me to get something decent and be done with it. I've had an Intellifex for years, and I'm just sick of dealing with menus and racks. Those Digitech Hardwire pedals look decent....anyone using them? Cranky....the reverb is holding up ok for you?

What kind of functionality do you need?

Multiple setups of delay/reverb and maybe other effects ? Or just two pedals with maybe a few settings?

The Damage Control Glass Nexus comes to mind (discontinued but findable).
Or a Digitech RP500 perhaps (Lexicon licensed delay and reverb, very good) but then that will be a bit less intuitive to set up (on the other hand, patches are easyer when you want more sounds).

Otherwise I'd say get a Nova Delay and Nova Reverb!

Ultron said:
I don't really need 4CM, and the L6 stuff is only instrument only.

The HD pods are definitely line level capable. And I mentioned 4CM as supporting line level signals is a key characteristic.

Cranky....the reverb is holding up ok for you?
The tone was killer, but I flipped it when I got an rm50 with built in spring reverb...which I later flipped....you get the idea :lol:

As a guy who just went thru this mess I can tell you there is light at the end of the tunnel...I use the 4CM as I want full control of my gear....I also use a BOSS GT-10 (which I HATED for months 'cause it sounded like straight crap)...I tried others with the same effect....

In the end, you HAVE to take an afternoon and set every parameter and pay special attention to detail and send/return levels...Also don't be afraid of line level shifting devices - they are simple to use and solve problems easily....I use an Ebtech with my GT-10 and RM100 ... After considerable frustration I can say it sounds transparent and does EXACTLY what I needed it to do...rblyn helped me a ton and also was very encouraging - so, thanks to him, I'm a happy camper....

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions...Seems if you're gonna go the FX route you might as well use the 4CM...It's the best way to get the most outta your FX...And, FWIW, I'm a simple OD Boost in front - and Noise Redux, Delay and Reverb in the loop kinda guy...Nothing fancy....

Mattfig said:
...rblyn helped me a ton and also was very encouraging - so, thanks to him, I'm a happy camper.....

Glad to help out Matt! I can only imagine the flexibility and tones you are getting now with the GT 10 and virtually every good module available! And agree, 4CM is your best bet.

HD500.

Line level switchable, multiple options, great sounds, and you could even plug in other instruments or mics. I don't understand why so many people are stomp box crazy. Most new boxes are just little digital versions of the company's other gear (dl4, nova delay, etc.).

New multieffects sound great and have the flexibility of routing and portability.

This is what I am using, also. Still getting accustomed to running effects with the new rig (RM22 + HD500, as opposed to Axe FX II direct), but the HD500 has been a champ so far.

Slightly OT question for you, wesarvin - how do you handle clean boosts with the HD500? I am running 4CM, and tried a studio EQ with the gain up to do a clean boost, but it doesn't seem to do much, even with the gain up pretty high. Clean boosting on the Axe was super easy and efficient with a filter, but I've been struggling with it on the HD500.

wesarvin said:
HD500.

Line level switchable, multiple options, great sounds, and you could even plug in other instruments or mics. I don't understand why so many people are stomp box crazy. Most new boxes are just little digital versions of the company's other gear (dl4, nova delay, etc.).

New multieffects sound great and have the flexibility of routing and portability.

I'm going to look into the HD500, seems like a no brainer. I could change channels via MIDI with it as well right?

Mattfig said:
As a guy who just went thru this mess I can tell you there is light at the end of the tunnel...I use the 4CM as I want full control of my gear....I also use a BOSS GT-10 (which I HATED for months 'cause it sounded like straight crap)...I tried others with the same effect....

In the end, you HAVE to take an afternoon and set every parameter and pay special attention to detail and send/return levels...Also don't be afraid of line level shifting devices - they are simple to use and solve problems easily....I use an Ebtech with my GT-10 and RM100 ... After considerable frustration I can say it sounds transparent and does EXACTLY what I needed it to do...rblyn helped me a ton and also was very encouraging - so, thanks to him, I'm a happy camper....

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions...Seems if you're gonna go the FX route you might as well use the 4CM...It's the best way to get the most outta your FX...And, FWIW, I'm a simple OD Boost in front - and Noise Redux, Delay and Reverb in the loop kinda guy...Nothing fancy....

Thanks Matt, you're a most excellent dude. BTW, I took your advice on the Genelex Gold Lion tubes for V1, and......

borat_great_success.jpg

I'm not looking for a 4CM multifx unit, I'm quite happy with my frontside pedals. I'm just looking for a good verb/delay floor pedal that will give me some basic tones....any modulation is a bonus, not necessary. There are a few that looks promising, but are instrument level. I've heard some mixed reviews from Julia on the Ebtech product, that's why I've been pushing for Line Level.

I use a glass nexus for reverb & delay.

My Eventide Modfactor has switches on the back for line or instrument level. I bet the Eventide Space does too and it's supposed to be killer. I like my modfactor a lot.

I just pulled the trigger on a iB modified Nova Delay...has line level capability and tons of head room. For live work, I don't really need Verb.....I can always add on I guess.

Glass Nexus is the the way to go, but they are hard to find out there. One of these days Strymon will release a version 2.0......will probably cost $500 :lol: