New Clips: Salvation Stonerverb, SG MK22, SG Fisch!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike P said:
I can't express to you guys how fortunate we are to have all of these modders available to us. It's like walking into the greatest amp room in the world, whether it's 1975 or 2011.

MTS is the bomb!

I agree. With how much these things are tweekable and for a fraction of what a single "classic" amp would cost.

I would also be willing to bet that even if I had a Soldano or JCM800, both amps & tones I love, I would find them lacking versatility and looking for something to add for some other tones/versatility.

Loved the tracks, they all sounded top notch. I liked the tone on Even Keel the most.

Hey Mike... Is your Fisch the latest revision that SacredGroove offers? I'm curious, because I just sent my Fisch to Scott for the update...

SacredGroove said:
To beat Mike to the punch, the answer is yes. In fact, Mike's Fisch is where the revision is derived from. :wink:

Oh cool! Thanks, Scott!!

SacredGroove said:
alowerdeep said:
They sounds good..how many tracks are you laying down with each song?My fav is the stonerverb,just sounds so full and smooth....but they all sounds killer....I like the fish too..tha and teh mk22 compliment each other well....

The Fisch (Brown channel) is similar to your description of the Stonerverb. I've never played a Stonerverb, so I can't accurately compare the two. But, the Fisch can get sludgy (like Kyuss), depending on the amount of gain used. 8)

Dont get me wrong,the fish sounds great as well....I like the more classic,smooth sounding overdrives..Ive toyed with "catching" a fish....I know...bad joke.... :roll:

The clips rule, as always! However, I find myself being unable to hear either the Fisch OR H-Watt clips! It brings up the player, then the player grays out.

WOW! Great playing, great tones! Just kicks *** man! I may need to try some of those SG mods. I love your style. Do you have any CDs I could buy? Really liked the music.

Thanks for all the kind words, but without the modders, none of this would be possible.

Kudos to Scott & Anthony!

SALVAGED said:
Hey Mike... Is your Fisch the latest revision that SacredGroove offers? I'm curious, because I just sent my Fisch to Scott for the update...

You are going to like the updated Fisch. I love mine. I liked it before and love it now.

eyeball987 said:
You are going to like the updated Fisch. I love mine. I liked it before and love it now.

Yeah, I'm really anxious to have it back! What's the switchable channel like? Is it called the "strata" channel, or something like that?

SALVAGED said:
eyeball987 said:

Yeah, I'm really anxious to have it back! What's the switchable channel like? Is it called the "strata" channel, or something like that?

I don't know. When Scott updated mine he said that the extra channel didn't work. I guess he has fixed that since. I am sure he will chime in.

Mattfig said:
Shinozoku said:
The clips rule, as always! However, I find myself being unable to hear either the Fisch OR H-Watt clips! It brings up the player, then the player grays out.

Did you take GAS-X today by chance?
Nope, I'm GASing all around with with H-Watt GAS! The girlfriend isn't too happy about the smell either :lol:

The other channel is the Strato channel based off channel of same name on Bogner Fish preamp.

Disciple said:
The other channel is the Strato channel based off channel of same name on Bogner Fish preamp.

And it's killer, too!

I've been using the Fisch quite a bit lately on tracks and man, it's just awesome. It sounds just like the Fish, which I would have never guessed I'd get from the MTS amps when I bought into it last year.

Mike P said:
I've been using the Fisch quite a bit lately on tracks and man, it's just awesome. It sounds just like the Fish, which I would have never guessed I'd get from the MTS amps when I bought into it last year.

This is encouraging... Heck, I loved it as the old rev... how much more, when I get it back from Scott?! Cool. 8)

He's modding mine with a push/pull gain knob, instead of a toggle... allowing me to keep the large chickenheads...

SALVAGED said:
Mike P said:

This is encouraging... Heck, I loved it as the old rev... how much more, when I get it back from Scott?! Cool. 8)

Well, I owned the original Fish back in 1992 and after the success of the MK22 and Diablo, asked him to develop this module.

I'm a complete and utter tone purist and I think this module nails the original. If you've owned one in the past, it's likely you'll agree.

Good luck and enjoy!

Yeah I just sold mine cause of an unexpected expense that came up - but will order another one in the near future. Played through it some more tonight and already know as soon as it's packed up to ship I'm going to miss it :(

SALVAGED said:
He's modding mine with a push/pull gain knob, instead of a toggle... allowing me to keep the large chickenheads...

Cool.

I have the mini-chickenheads because mine has a Tight switch installed.

When this module was in R&D, it was "close" but wasn't quite "there".

Believe it or not, back in the day, most guys used the Fish with a solid state power amp. I used the Carvin FET 400, as did Lynch on the second Lynch Mob record. Jerry Cantrell used FET power amp as did the guys from Megadeth. So it while the preamp retained its tone, the FET power amp provided a tight almost "glassy" sound.

With that, the Tight switch was born, hence the mini-chickenheads.

Very killer, Mike. When it comes to recordings, you are definitely the man. I always listen to whatever advice you share on the forum with great interest. I know it's all golden. Your playing rocks too. I have a lot of respect and admiration for what you do. Keep posting, man. I love it. Peace. :D