New Egnater M4

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImNoShredder

Reaction score
Hello
New here.
I've been looking for the right amp for me for years. For the past few years I've use modellers because of the wide range of sounds from one package. However, they've always sounded kinda sterile. But, served their purpose.

I recently went on a new amp hunt...again. Everything from Fender to Mesa. Believe me when I tell you I tried everything in every local store in my area. Also bought what I couldn't find locally via Ebay or the boutique dealers.

Had just about given up (again) when I saw the Randall series of mods. After reseaching a bit, I stumbled onto the Egnater stuff. Watched/listened to the video at indoor storm. I was really impressed.
Finally called them (indoor storm) and spoke with one of their sales guys. Got pretty geeked about it. Then called the Michigan number which turns out to be where they build them. Spoke to Frank. Great guy. Gave me mucho info. Now I'm really stoked. Was going to wait until Monday to order, but couldn't. Called Saturday, not really expecting to talk to anyone, but **** if they weren't there building stuff.

I just ordered an M4.
Still deciding on all the modules. So far I'm going with -
DLX, VX, SL2, ERect

And here's the best part - They are going to let me try it (M4) to make sure it's what I want. I may decide the 100 or 50 watt head is a better choice.
I have a Peavey Classic 50/50 power amp to rack up with the M4. So, for about $1000 less than the Mod 100 would cost I'll get 4 preamps (2 chs each!) instead of 3.

Anyone have this or the head versions of it? Whats the difference in the Randall version?
Thanks

Congrats.I have the MOD50 and the RM100 and the rm is getting sold to fund an .M4.The egnater is just awesome,you'll be one happy man.BTW how long of a wait did they give you on the M4?

I was told 2 weeks. It seems the build up for the pre amp is a little faster than the heads? I'm hoping it's not that long.

And, wow, there's alot of great info and discussions here. I had not looked all the way through these boards initially, but spent most of the evening going back into them. And I see some folks locally with very cool rigs. I'm in the greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area.

My leanings are more towards a 'pop rock, classic rock' and even (gasp) 'pop country' sound. I'm not a fan of the 'nu-metal' tones. I'm looking for a more round sound, and lots of clean tones. Some dead clean, some with a little more hair. But mostly, good tones. Then a nice crunch that I can dial up more when needed. And a 'solo' channel.

Side note - I have an original TS-9 and a Keely modded SD-1 along with a wah I'll put in front. And I love delays and chorus/modulations.

I had been trying to find that in 1 amp package - but trying to get away from the sterile modellers. I couldn't find it locally.
I have been playing for almost 30 years now. Had a huge rack in the mid '80s to early '90. It just became too much. Synth and all.
I hoping to keep this one to a minimum - I'm too old to yank a big *** rack around - or too lazy :lol:

That said, I WILL need some help and advice as I start this again. Hoping I can pick some brains here of folks who have made it work.

After re-listening to the Indoor Storm clips, I wonder if maybe I should replace the ERect mod with the MHG mod. I'm looking for a 'lead' channel.
Actually, I'd like to have 'em all! Kinda like baseball card collecting when I was a kid 8)

However, now I wait - and salivate over the clips...

The MHG is pretty heavy the eg3/4 is very smooth and can get very heavy but stays very smooth.I love every module I have puchased and it has been an incredible amp.I listened and tried everything I could get my hands on looking for the prefect amplifier.I ended up with the RM100 and stumbled onto the egnater versions and was just blown away with the sound of the MOD.My RM is getting sold so I can do the M4 pakage.

I think you have made a great choice. I have no boubt you will love the Egnater. I believe you said you have a PV 50/50. It's a tube amp and a good place to start, but be sure and try to run it into another power section as soon as you can. If my memory is correct the PV 50/50 is EL84 powered. For many years I ran my first Egater (IE4) and then my M4 into a Boogie 20/20. I was pretty happy but it was quite an eye opener when I finally ran it into my randall RM50HB. 6L6 and EL34 power amp tubes, in my opinion, GREATLY improve the sound of these modules.

Will the R4 work with any of the Randall MTS modules? And do the Egnator modules work in the RM4?

How much is a R4?

The new M4 is for the Egnater dual channel modules but will work with the single channel and randall mts modules.Frank or Bruce said it was about 400. empty and about 2000 grand full.

Does itlook the same as the RM4 and do you have any links to images of it online. Also, who do I contact to buy one? Thanks

You're gonna love the M4!
I started with the RM100 and realized I need the M4 with dual modules for my wide range of tones.

12spDone.jpg

I started with Twin, VX, SL, and SL2.
I now have VX, SL, EG 3/4 , and MHG. I may grab a BMAN, since the Twin was a bit too clean for me.
I'm running this rack with a CAE OD100SE, using it's return as a power amp for the M4, as well as using the OD100 preamp. Best rig I ever had.

Joe

Good choice, you won't be sorry. I have both the Mod100 and the RM100 heads. They are similar but very different. Even with the same output tubes, same speakers, same modules etc, they sound very different. I prefer the Mod 100 but I keep the RM100 for the change of pace. You will dig the Egnater rig.

jdzialak said:
You're gonna love the M4!
I started with the RM100 and realized I need the M4 with dual modules for my wide range of tones.

12spDone.jpg

I started with Twin, VX, SL, and SL2.
I now have VX, SL, EG 3/4 , and MHG. I may grab a BMAN, since the Twin was a bit too clean for me.
I'm running this rack with a CAE OD100SE, using it's return as a power amp for the M4, as well as using the OD100 preamp. Best rig I ever had.

Joe

Wow! That's impressive! I'm hoping not to get that big. But, I haven't even started thinking about a controller yet. It would be nice to control all my pedals from a single controller.
I see a couple in your rack...how are you doing that? What suggestions do you have for a controler? Once again, keeping its as simple as possible. Also, some kind of fx loop solution?

ImNoShredder said:
Wow! That's impressive! I'm hoping not to get that big. But, I haven't even started thinking about a controller yet. It would be nice to control all my pedals from a single controller.
I see a couple in your rack...how are you doing that? What suggestions do you have for a controler? Once again, keeping its as simple as possible. Also, some kind of fx loop solution?

fx-1new.jpg

I'm using the Axess FX-1 as my rack midi controller. The pedals are in loops of the Axess RX-1. The delays are in the Switchblade, as is the M4. Using the Switchblade I can select the M4 as my preamp, or just run my amp head alone.

Joe

jmgman70 said:
The new M4 is for the Egnater dual channel modules but will work with the single channel and randall mts modules.Frank or Bruce said it was about 400. empty and about 2000 grand full.

I contacted Indoor Storm about buying one. . . they insisted on buying at least 2 modules with an M4. . .won't sell them separate unless you can prove that you already have a couple of Egnater modules.

I'm going to pick up an RM4 instead because of this.

I talked with frank this morning and ordered an M4 preamp empty and indeed they said they don't normally sell them empty.I got an email from bruce that quoted the price not mentioning about that.Since I already bought stuff from them it was ok because I ve got few modules lying aruond without a home.They have been extremely helpful and very cool to talk to.A+ service everytime .