new mods!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankyrayhanky

Reaction score
Just arrived: Salvation Stonerverb, VooDoo Jose

Yes they each have killer tones, well worth the upgrade

I really like the Orange in my rm20, it is a tone I've wanted since dealing off my tiny terror- this module is way better... I may have some clips soon with the yngwie strat

The Jose just came yesterday and first impression is that this unit is a great hi gain tone. It's so impressive I may look into the rm100 voodoo upgrade- anyone get that yet?

Once my RIP Diezel comes in, I'll be all set, LOL!

What would you compare the Jose to?
How does it stack against the 1087?
Different voicing?
Sounds cool.

crankyrayhanky said:

I'll bring my Green LED head over to get the full "RIP'ed" effect.

Oh, and I'm getting a teeshirt printed that has a pic of the head that says "TOTALLY RIPPED" in all caps of course....

Bewitagos1 said:
crankyrayhanky said:

I'll bring my Green LED head over to get the full "RIP'ed" effect.

Oh, and I'm getting a teeshirt printed that has a pic of the head that says "TOTALLY RIPPED" in all caps of course....
:lol: LOL,glad to see this place getting back to normal!!!!!

LOL OMG I would so get that.

Have you tweaked with the cleans out of the stonerverb and if so how would you describe them? I checked out the clips on Soundclick and LOVED the mid gained sound out of the stonerverb. I'm planning to get one VERY soon but my employer messed up on my hours on my last paycheck. :x

I'm also curious about the Stonerverb. Does it sound like other modules or does it have it's own unique tone?

What would you compare the Jose to?
Still early in my tweaking, but it seems to be cool hi gain Marshall tone....I've been comparing to PeteSL, PeteBrown, and DF HBE...Jose has plenty of gain without needing- or maybe not even wanting- a clean boost pedal. Great tone, probably closest to the Pete SL+...on the SL I have switch that goes from between the 800 mod and the more stock midcut(DSL-ish). This Jose sort of sounds like a blend of the 2 modes- a little chainsaw, a little mid range clarity. Seems to be somewhat versatile, but as of now I'm digging the Jose hi gain tone.

Keep in mind I have many modded modules- and the Pete SL+ is by far my #1- I just love playing my Les Paul with the ZW strings and OD and playing that SL+ real loud where it can breathe fire. But this Jose stands strong and I look forward to playing it some more

How does it stack against the 1087?
Different voicing?

Yes, much different. My 1087 is aggressive and evil sounding, yet has this pronounced frequency that is in the mids- very cool tone, very unique.- and waaay versatile. The Jose is a much different voicing- more of an updated 80s sizzle and cut gain.

I never heard a DF Black Eye, i wonder if that would a be a comparable tone to the Jose (?)

So the Stonerverb has that Rockerverb vibe?
Never played through a Rockerverb, but know which players do that I like to listen to....but between that and my experience with the Tiny Terror, this Stonerverb knocks it out of the park! It is a great module- very cool clean tones, dirty tones, and hi gain is fantastic. I have a clip that will be up soon....

Just got the MW1 in, time to go twist knobs!

Ugg said:
I'm also curious about the Stonerverb. Does it sound like other modules or does it have it's own unique tone?
unique...very Orange, it has tons of mids in the hi gain, I love it! That hyenik clip is no illusion, this mod does that and does many more things as well.

Orange amps have that warmth, clarity......darkness.......and a vintage gain that is just great...to me sort of an old Marshally thing as well but with the pre-listed characteristics...so if it does that then 8) ....

crankyrayhanky said:
Ugg said:
unique...very Orange, it has tons of mids in the hi gain, I love it! That hyenik clip is no illusion, this mod does that and does many more things as well.

****, the list gets longer and longer :lol:

The clip that was posted here sounds awesome, I wonder how the more hi gain sounds sound like. ****, I already had 3 mods in mind, then comes this :oops:

:eek:

Baco said:
The clip that was posted here sounds awesome, I wonder how the more hi gain sounds sound like. ****, I already had 3 mods in mind, then comes this :oops:

:eek:

Yes, Baco. Stonerverb can be very high gain.
It can be almnost clean, dirty crunch or modern higain.
Always with that "orange taste".
Gain pot on Stonerverb has very high range, I never heard it on any other amp.
I call that pot "from clean to mean" :)

Anthony

Ok, it's decision time then. I still have a few days before my modules arrive so...

Stonerverb is DEFINITION of stoner rock/metal :) minimally inside modules....
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7515602
but don?t forget that this I played on metal 7strings guitar, so looking forward for next clip (Sabbathmix as for me BS are ancestors of all stoner), only still waiting for my hyperdark stoner axe after changing picks
2637.jpg

bridge is SH4, neck RMpickups Rh- (czech producer)
problem of this guitar is too much basses (not too much, huuuge :) so we tried 498T, and it is a bit better. With special bass filter will be OK. I was young and totally stupid metal guy, and now I must solve this mistake (with mapple top would be absolute killing machine, but now is too late :) for metal has too much basses (not enough concrete sound in higain riffs), but for stoner can be a DREAMACHINE :)