new module sneak peek

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RD/Steve said:
it has more potential that you would believe. slot 3 of an rm100 could conceivably hold an "effects" module. :shock:

we have all sorts of stuff in the works kids...hold tight. :twisted:

Can you give us a sneak preview of other modules? or maybe the friedman rm100?

RD/Steve said:
it has more potential that you would believe. slot 3 of an rm100 could conceivably hold an "effects" module. :shock:

And the 4th slot of a RM4 could... yikes!

[hey did that chip to speed up the switching, first lost by ups, ever happen? I have not received an email about that for ages :) ]

Both of my NAMM ticket rides just washed out:-( I live about an hour and a half from Nashvegas. I was looking forward to getting in to see some of the new stuff up close! I do have my local shop owner interested in becoming a Randall Rep so that is a positive. I am bringing my RM50 by his shop in Jackson Tn to let him check it out before he goes. He is the only shop I do business with in Jackson. I think he is looking to replace his H&K line. They have a long supply line from Germany. Anyway, I have done nothing but rave the MTS to him, naturally. I took him my 2008 brochure so he could peruse this weekend. I will be in the market for an RM-4 as soon as I get some more funds up so a local dealer would be a good thing to score the modules from!

This is EXACTLY what I wanted from Randall - EXACTLY! I loved the multi-band on my VHT, but now there's nothing lacking in the Randall MTS line. I want one.

PS Ironically, RIPSTUDIOS once asked me if I had any idea for new mods cos he wanted to get something really crazy done. I told him I wanted to see one with a multi-band EQ and he said he was already having one done. Haha, you've got to laugh.

RIP is just a douche lookin for his bag!

Can't wait to hear RIPS new graphic eq module in the amp he is sending me. LMFAO

Well if slot 3 can become an effects slot then I guess Egnater is going to be busy with upgrading RM100s to dual channel.

RD/Steve said:

how exactly would this work?

that means that the "effect" module would have to work in conjunction with another module in another slot.

if thats the case, whats keeping us from running to slots at once!!!!!!!

to think i could run an Ultra XL with my 1086/7 or throw an XTC in there with one...

OH MY GOD.

why cant we do that.

"Holding" an FX unit sounds different than "integrating"one

Didn't Brunetti have a range of ampheads that could fit 1 19" rackunit?

So, maybe playing one module in series (or parallel) with another is not
such a strange idea?
kc2eeb said:
This will take:
1-RM50
1-RM4
Plug your guitar into the RM50 input.
Plug a cord into the series send jack.
Plug the other end into the RM4 input jack.
Plug a cord into the pre-loop output of the RM4.
Plug the other end into the series return jack of the RM50.
You can now cascade one of the two modules in the RM50 through any one of the 4 modules in the RM4 and back to the RM50.
You get:
Sustain for days.
O.D. from Hell.
Pinch harmonics.
Bluesbreaker "Beano"
SRV
Ice Pick Treble
Woman tone
Do I make myself clear?
You heard it here first.
Pat L. Bluesball
Hey, isn't the point of all this stuff, is to find "The Sound" even if tomorrow, it's something else?

RD/Steve said:
i decided to let the cat out of the bag. expect this one around summer NAMM.

curve.jpg

Any new word on a release date for this beast? :D

Ya know i was just thinkin about this about an hour ago..

They have this, the ENGL, a diezel (if im not mistaken) and an orange module in the works.

Some engl's have two a low mid and a high mid control. While i doubt the new engl module will have two, i thought to myself:

couldnt i get an ultra curve and do a component swap with the engl mod, thereby giving me engl voicing with graphic eq control? Sweeet.

srrdude said:
Ya know i was just thinkin about this about an hour ago..

They have this, the ENGL, a diezel (if im not mistaken) and an orange module in the works.

Some engl's have two a low mid and a high mid control. While i doubt the new engl module will have two, i thought to myself:

couldnt i get an ultra curve and do a component swap with the engl mod, thereby giving me engl voicing with graphic eq control? Sweeet.

Actually .. any module with a graphic EQ would be awesome. But the graphic eq probably takes up a lot of space on the board .. so that might give some problems (and is probably why it's taking them a while).

Latest posts