New Salvation H-Watt clip

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alowerdeep said:
It's for a cool od to it.....how much gain is on tap with it?Is it like teh Stonerverb..meaning it has a good vintage vibe to it,but plenty of gain to do modern stuff?

That clip has both the Brilliant & Normal channels maxed out, so you're hearing the maximum amount of gain attainable from this module.

If definition of modern is Jet, then yes. If your definition of modern is Disturbed, then no.

Hope that helps. :D

Mike P said:
m0jo said:
Sweet tone!

So what guitar is this?

'93 Gibson Les Paul Premium Plus top with a Burstbucker Pro in the bridge. I've got 250k pots in this guitar and it's wired "50's style" so it's a little darker and a little meatier than my other Les Paul's.

Thanks! :D
Ha! My first guess was "Gibson or PRS" .. nice.
It sounds good, I like it. The wiring change seems to take away some of the characteristics of the chambered body. :)

I think if you want modern this isn't quite the right module ;)

m0jo said:
Mike P said:
m0jo said:
Sweet tone!

So what guitar is this?

'93 Gibson Les Paul Premium Plus top with a Burstbucker Pro in the bridge. I've got 250k pots in this guitar and it's wired "50's style" so it's a little darker and a little meatier than my other Les Paul's.

It sounds good, I like it. The wiring change seems to take away some of the characteristics of the chambered body. :)

I don't think this Les Paul is chambered, as it was built in 1993 (Les Paul 60's Classic). Gibson, to my knowledge, didn't start chambering Les Pauls until 2006. They offer non-chambered versions these days, but they cost at least 30% more.

Good guess! :)

Wow, I got to get one. It just covers sooo much sonic ground. Rediculous. BTW, what guitar were you using?

Mike P said:
m0jo said:
Mike P said:
m0jo said:
Sweet tone!

So what guitar is this?

This Les Paul isn't chambered, as it was built in 1993 (Les Paul 60's Classic). Gibson, to my knowledge, didn't start chambering Les Pauls until 2006. They offer non-chambered versions these days, but they cost at least 30% more.

Good guess! :)
Ah okay, awesome. I thought they started way earlyer with the swiss cheesing.
I like the tone of solid guitars more.

But then again.. I play an Ibanez SV .. haha, so I have not much right to comment.

Woops...you already answered my question, lol. Great job, kinda reminds me of The Vines.

The studio lights were swiss cheesed,as you put it, I believe and were made in the mid 90's..filled with balsa fir.......Thanks for the info on the H-watt...might be intersted in it if it could be made a little gainier like a stonerverb...stuff we do is a little heavier than Jett,etc.....sounds cool though......

alowerdeep said:
The studio lights were swiss cheesed,as you put it, I believe and were made in the mid 90's..filled with balsa fir.......Thanks for the info on the H-watt...might be intersted in it if it could be made a little gainier like a stonerverb...stuff we do is a little heavier than Jett,etc.....sounds cool though......
I wonder if it's possible without losing it's characteristic tone.
This mod really uses two parallel wired channels, so the channels have a gainstage (or two, I'm not sure) less to work with.

I'll ask Anthony to chime in.

m0jo said:
alowerdeep said:
This mod really uses two parallel wired channels, so the channels have a gainstage (or two, I'm not sure) less to work with.

Ok so here's the awnser: no. ;)

Seriously though, I thought a stacked mode like the Duoplex might be possible, but there's not enough space left over with this mod due to the point-to-point handwired tonestack (just like the real deal!). That coupled with what I mentioned earlyer about gainstages means this is the max gain you're going to get (except for sticking high gain tubes in there.. which is not that effective).

So the alternative is Anthony could develop a mod based on a more modern Hiwatt, without the dual blendable channel design. Based on the Hi-Gain Customs.

Mike P said:
I've linked below to my first H-Watt clip. This module is just flat-out amazing! It is unbelievably versatile and sounds just like the best HiWatt's from the 70's I've played through in the past.

Since the clip that Anthony provided initially showcased the H-Watt's cleaner voicing, I've gone the other direction: Both the Brilliant & Normal channel are maxed out here, which gives it that juicy Retro/Indie vibe, which it does to perfection.

I highly recommend this module and I'll post more clips in the future when available. Kudos and many thanks to Anthony!

Enjoy! :D

www.mikeplas.com/mlib/rr/thatchick.mp3

Mike, this is simply awesome!!
I really like how you cranked both gains. It sounds great and really shows wilder side of this module.
Thank you!!

Anthony

m0jo said:
m0jo said:
alowerdeep said:

Ok so here's the awnser: no. ;)

Seriously though, I thought a stacked mode like the Duoplex might be possible, but there's not enough space left over with this mod due to the point-to-point handwired tonestack (just like the real deal!). That coupled with what I mentioned earlyer about gainstages means this is the max gain you're going to get (except for sticking high gain tubes in there.. which is not that effective).

So the alternative is Anthony could develop a mod based on a more modern Hiwatt, without the dual blendable channel design. Based on the Hi-Gain Customs.

Yeah,a single channel with a more available gain would be cool..I wouldnt need alot of bells and whistles....I like the "voice" of the module....it would be one I would consider if it could be done without alot more trouble..but maybe that is how it gets its voice?the blendable design??..Im looking for a more unque type guitar tone ..well,I guess everyone does...lol...I tend to lean toward the more classic types of overdrive,but I like the more modern tonal optios like the bigger and more articulate bass response..the more modern od's are so fuzzy sounding,aside from my Krank..but the bass isnt as prominant and clear as a Recto..it is a little more mushy....sounds killer though..very huge and thick...which I really lik ethe Kranken module btw.....much to me suprise,I like the stonerverb alot too...the bass is so huge,yet cutting...hated the real orange amps,so this was a pleasant suprise for me.....Mashaldano has a kind of unique voice as well....

alowerdeep said:
I tend to lean toward the more classic types of overdrive

hated the real orange amps,so this was a pleasant suprise for me.

Hi-watt OD is about as classic as you can get. I can see liking more gain if that's what you play but then you are not getting what that module is based off of when you add that...easy option is a OD boost to get more gain.

The Stonerverb sounds just like my buddy's Orange Rockerverb - he kind of got bummed when we ABed them cause he paid so much on his compared to my module :). So don't know why you said you hated the orange amp when it's just like it.

Disciple said:
alowerdeep said:
I tend to lean toward the more classic types of overdrive

hated the real orange amps,so this was a pleasant suprise for me.

Hi-watt OD is about as classic as you can get. I can see liking more gain if that's what you play but then you are not getting what that module is based off of when you add that...easy option is a OD boost to get more gain.

The Stonerverb sounds just like my buddy's Orange Rockerverb - he kind of got bummed when we ABed them cause he paid so much on his compared to my module :). So don't know why you said you hated the orange amp when it's just like it.

Well,I played an orange live at a fest that we did a little over a year ago..they backlined for the show...I just didnt care for it...it was very fat and fuzzy sounding,not very articulate...in all fairness,I didnt get to turn the knobs on it....I believe it was a rocker 50....might be diffrent than a rockerverb...dont know.....all I was permitted to do was plug in and go....may have been different if I were able to dial it in...maybe I wasnt fair to say that,but that is just based on the 45mins to an hour we played that night....just dont like it...sounded very bad and alot fo the youtube clips I have heard sounded pretty crappy as well..again,maybe not a great source,but I can get an idea of something from hearing some clips and they have just not appealed to me from my experience with them..the stonerverb just sounds cleaner and more articulate.kind of a marshally vibe with better bass clarity....not to mention,that is to you...not everything sounds the same to everyone...Ive heard some clips on here that didnt sounds so great that others have thought sounded awesome and vice versa......and...sure you can get what the module is based off of by adding a little more gain..gain doesnt really change the voice of the amp,though too much could I suppose......alot of the mts modules are like that..the JF59RR is a good example...and like you said...some modules just have an OD boost built in to give it a little more kick....I just prefer not to use pedals...I feel if you need to use a pedal to get your tone,you need to find somethign else...teh thought of spending several hundred dollrs on a module and using a pedal just doesnt make sense to me...but that's just me,some guys like pedals...I just dont......I like minimal gear,plug in and play....

alowerdeep said:
some modules just have an OD boost built in to give it a little more kick....I just prefer not to use pedals...I feel if you need to use a pedal to get your tone,you need to find somethign else...teh thought of spending several hundred dollrs on a module and using a pedal just doesnt make sense to me...but that's just me,some guys like pedals...I just dont......I like minimal gear,plug in and play....

Same here
..hasn't got anything to do with "Pure tube signal path" elitisism
just ease of use with minimal addons

anyone have any new clips of this mod? I'm seriously considering it, also may ask if the "Jimmy" mod is available

i'll try to upload some clips tonight or tomorrow, i have the "clean" version but can get a huge range of cleans and od's and sounds great with every effect and pedal i throw at it. it's the ultimate if you're a pedal guy.

That pretty much describes what I am looking for. most of the mods I see are high gain. The H-Watt seems like a great tone to start with, adding grit as needed.