Ok, the JF Ultra-Lead is now the best high gain module ever

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gag halfrunt

Reaction score
I got my Ultra Lead from Rob on Saturday, but then our area lost power for a few days from the windstorm. I finally got to fire it up several times today, and WOW. It is Amazing. The lower gain tones are great, and the higher gain sounds are huge and thumping without mud.

This thing sounds great throughout the gain sweep, and the various switch options really give you noticeably different tones. The interaction between the different switches is very cool, as well.

I've played several VHT Ultra Leads, and I didn't like them nearly as much as I like this module through my RM100. After several hours of jamming, it's my new #1 without a doubt.

Welcome to the ultra-lead crew. Also one of my favorite mods at the moment, it can do so much AMAZINGLY! Glad to hear it getting the respect it deserves :D

Mattfig said:
HEY! Glad the power's back...You must've been a bit chilled...

Great news on the Ultra Lead...Never played one but it's on my list...Your post just moved it up a bit... :)
Thanks, Fig. Yea, it was a bummer. The family basically moved in with some neighbors who have a woodburning fireplace.

You'll love the UL. I don't have any trips to your area in the near future, but the next time I do, I can bring mine by for you to check out.

Hey Bill - really impressed with the Impossible Tuesday video on your band's website. Are you using the RM100 for live shows, and if so - what modules are you using. :D

LunatiBSW said:
Welcome to the ultra-lead crew. Also one of my favorite mods at the moment, it can do so much AMAZINGLY! Glad to hear it getting the respect it deserves :D
Thanks.

I have to give LoD21 credit for recommending the Ultra-Lead to me. I wouldn't have otherwise chosen this module because I'm not such a VHT UL fan. But this module is awesome.

SDWR said:
Hey Bill - really impressed with the Impossible Tuesday video on your band's website. Are you using the RM100 for live shows, and if so - what modules are you using. :D

Thanks for the kind words.

Yes, I use the RM100 live with Impossible Tuesday. My gig rig contains a JF XTC, JF 1086, and JF Avada Kedavra. But the Ultra-Lead is going to take one of those spots soon!

Thanks for all the love gents and glad you are all enjoying those UL's! If you dig that one, you may be interested in the D-Zilla, HW-103 (a very special module for sure) and a pair of soon-to-be-released beasts in the queue right now. :wink: