OMG, played my RM100 for the first time

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgk62

Reaction score
I just received my RM100 head with the Plexi, Recto, and Ultra Lead modules.
OMG - this is the sound I've been looking for all these years! :D

I currently own a couple different amps - Marshall DSL100, Crate Palomino V16, Vox Valvetronix AD30VT, and a rack system with a PodXT Pro, ADA MP-1 thru a Mesa 20/20 power amp.
This Randall is going to replace them all!

The seller said the head had JJEL34s in it but the tubes that are in there are Ruby 6L6s - I guess this is the RM100S head?

So far the Plexi is my favorite module. I'm looking forward to using it in practice. I bet this baby sounds awesome cranked.

This is my first 6L6 amp and I kinda like it. I'm going to keep these for a bit and then see what it sounds like with EL34s in it.

I'm stoked!

the beauty of the rm100 is you can use any tubes you'd like in there. you can even mix el34's and 6L6's! congrats...oh and by the way...get the KH2 module. :twisted:

well...i also forgot to mention how cool it is to swap modules when you want a different amp.

try a topboost by the way...another module that slays me.

JKD said:
RD/Steve said:
..oh and by the way...get the KH2 module. :twisted:

That'd be easy if Randall were shipping 'em in quantity ;)

Actually, i saw about 12 in the cage yesterday (yeah that's right, these modules are kept locked up in a cage). If you order one from a dealer you should be able to have it in your hands by Thursday/Friday next week. If you need help finding a dealer, please contact me.

RD/Rich said:
JKD said:
RD/Steve said:
..oh and by the way...get the KH2 module. :twisted:

That'd be easy if Randall were shipping 'em in quantity ;)

Actually, i saw about 12 in the cage yesterday (yeah that's right, these modules are kept locked up in a cage). If you order one from a dealer you should be able to have it in your hands by Thursday/Friday next week. If you need help finding a dealer, please contact me.

Yeah...looks like they're out now..I got my KH-3 from the funky guys at last..just debating the need for another modded Marshall tone...lol

I really liked the KH2 when checking it out in the Music store. The bad thing is the only REAL TEST is when you get that baby home and can rip it up and really dial it in. I had mods that when I tried in the store sounded good but after jammin with a drummer at a LOUD volume, the tone seemed to change. Anyone else experience this?? :?