Opinions on Best Replica Modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I can offer on this is my modded SL+. I have not owned a jcm800 but a friend says they sound the same. I usually have to boost the presence though. But I have a older rm50, that is supposedly darker than the new ones. But I kinda like the darker tone and rarely have the presence knob past 1/4. Speakers have a lot to do with it as we'll.

The S1S0 I had was an amazing replica of the 5150/6505(+). It really truly nailed the essence of the amp and was actually more fun and had more character. It had several options so its versatility was top notch too.

I dig mine. It's really in whatever flavor of amp you're replicating. They're all accurate or really darn close. What kind of tones are you after?

My Mark X conjures memories of my old Mark IV

My Mash All was put next to a friend's early 70s Super Lead and was nearly indistinguishable in both sound and feel.

Same goes for the Xtacy, in fact, you can find the clips in the rigs and tones section of the board.

My JF Super Clean sounds exactly like a JF Super Clean. :). ...a legend in it's own right!

Jaymzrock said:
The S1S0 I had was an amazing replica of the 5150/6505(+). It really truly nailed the essence of the amp and was actually more fun and had more character. It had several options so its versatility was top notch too.
Sweet, good to know, I'll have to look in to this module

wesarvin said:
I dig mine. It's really in whatever flavor of amp you're replicating. They're all accurate or really darn close. What kind of tones are you after?

My Mark X conjures memories of my old Mark IV

My Mash All was put next to a friend's early 70s Super Lead and was nearly indistinguishable in both sound and feel.

Same goes for the Xtacy, in fact, you can find the clips in the rigs and tones section of the board.
I play mostly high gain brutal metal, I favor ENGL amp tone,
I'm trying to get a general consensuses of some of the more favorable modules that really hit on the original amp vibe they are replicating
but yes I would be most interested in high gain.

you should go to the modder's web sites also and listen to their demos... Rob just updated the Jaded Faith site with a demo for each mod, and the heavier mods sound totally Metapocolipse inspired :)

http://www.jadedfaithmods.com/Media_Samples.html

his trilogy and stein + in particular seem in that vein although some of the other high gain mods live there too.

The Salvation site has demos on each of their module pages as well.

hellaboogie said:
I play mostly high gain brutal metal, I favor ENGL amp tone, I'm trying to get a general consensuses of some of the more favorable modules that really hit on the original amp vibe they are replicating

The Salvation Angel absolutely nails the Engl tone. I sold my Engl after acquiring the Angel.

www.mikeplas.com/mlib/mr/desolution.mp3

www.mikeplas.com/mlib/mr/ridethewave.mp3

A word of caution regarding Mike P's demos.... they'll make you want every module he demos... just sayin'

Really like hearing those from you man - ride the wave in particular does some nice stuff!

Oregon said:
A word of caution regarding Mike P's demos.... they'll make you want every module he demos... just sayin'

Really like hearing those from you man - ride the wave in particular does some nice stuff!

Thanks, Dude!

The "Later With Carson Daly" show has opened with "Ride The Wave" four times this year.

:twisted:

Oregon said:
Nice! Very cool to hear.

Thanks again!

Yeah, I just wish I had heard it! I don't find out until six to nine months after tracks have aired. It's kind of a drag.

Mike P said:
hellaboogie said:
I play mostly high gain brutal metal, I favor ENGL amp tone, I'm trying to get a general consensuses of some of the more favorable modules that really hit on the original amp vibe they are replicating

The Salvation Angel absolutely nails the Engl tone. I sold my Engl after acquiring the Angel.

www.mikeplas.com/mlib/mr/desolution.mp3

www.mikeplas.com/mlib/mr/ridethewave.mp3
Nice clips, the Salvation Angel E is number 1 on my list of modules to try,
which version do you have Angel B or Angel E
Thanks for your input,

hellaboogie said:
Nice clips, the Salvation Angel E is number 1 on my list of modules to try,
which version do you have Angel B or Angel E
Thanks for your input,

I don't which version it is because I purchased it during the summer of 2010 with all of the options available and Anthony didn't have a letter designation at that time. I'm sure that if you contact him, he'll be more than happy to help you out.

Good luck!

yea i had an original module that had been modded with the RTL tone but i sent it to rob to addd a switch and the "Black albumn" tonestack!
-mp-

Probably the one that I own that nails the original the best would be my tweed. I had Rob do the basic upgrade on my stocker and it came back with all of the weirdness of the stocker gone. I used to play on a lot of 410 Bassmans in my Austin days and this one completely nails the old tone. It is never pristine clean, so it starts with some nice tube warmth and then just gets more "singy" and warm as you turn up the gain. Plus it was very reasonable as compared to the full on upgrade.