Plexi+ and SL+.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deisel401

Reaction score
Hope everyone is doing well. Does anyone have both the Plexi+ and the SL+ ? If so , is there a really significant difference in tone ? Both being hotrodded Marshalls, I'm assuming they might be too close to want both.

They are VERY different. For more modern tones, go with the Plexi Plus, for 80's and 90's tones go with the SL+. Personally, the Plexi Plus is one of my least favorite stock modules. However, there are plenty of folks here who really like that one. Lots of mods for it too.

Just mod the SL+ with a few component swaps and it will cover enough MArshall tones for most.. the 800 mod is well documented.

My stock blackface SL+ is easily one of my favorite modules modded or unmodded for Marshall tones. I have modded ones to cover different flavors but the stock SL+ flat out rocks IMHO.

The SL+ has more gain but is not as modern sounding as the Plexi+/1086. The Plexi+/1086 also does low to mid gain better, but doesn't do it as good as a Brahma.

The brahma ( a good one , there were two versions) is king among the stock modules in my opinion and can riva the modded ones too. They just hit it right. It is like a good superlead. Love mine.. Still tweaking my second one but dig it too. Get a brahma though they are harder to find now and discontinued on the randall website from what i saw.

Kapo_Polenton said:
Just mod the SL+ with a few component swaps and it will cover enough MArshall tones for most.. the 800 mod is well documented.

And keep in mind you'll only have to do this mod if you get an older SL+, as the mod was incorporated into the stock design sometime in 2007.

I kept my stock plexi..
I sold my stock SL+

and thats all I have to say about that
Forest Gump (GtrGeorge )

I like the regular Plexi module, the Brahma, the SL+ and The Judge for my Marshall flavors.

Of the two you are mentioning, the SL+ is my preference by quite a bit.