Problem with RM4 and VHT 2/50/2

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OMK

Reaction score
So, recently I've been having intermittent problems with my RM4 and VHT 2/50/2. Sometimes when I fire it up I have almost no volume on all channels of the RM4, and the tone is real thin. It generally happens after moving the amp to and from shows. Last night at practice I was eventually able to get it to work after lifting one end of the amp up about an inch and letting it drop. Overall tone seems to be lacking as well, definitely not what it used to be.

I've tried cleaning all connections, taking everything out of the loop, different cables, and swapping preamp tubes in the RM4. It also doesn't seem to matter if I use the front or rear input jack. I've tried using channel B on the power amp as well, but nothing helps. I guess I don't really know where to go from here. I've never had any issues with this setup until recently. Anyone have similar problems? Could it be a power tube issue or possibly something a little deeper than that? Any help is appreciated.