problem with tweed module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomad100

Reaction score
I don't know if this is normal, my tweed module always been like this. i have to crank the volume higher on it than i do on my blackface module, and it feels very sluggish and always muddy.

yeah, i believe it's still under warranty but want to make sure it's not normal before taking to for repair.

Kind of hard to say on this. My Blackface was really thin compared to my Tweed. I sent the Blackface back and the new one had the same thing going on. I had it modded at Jaded Faith and now it kicks. My Tweed sounds like a Tweed....very old tube kind of sound...a little tubby, but warm. I know that those Fender Modules are one hell of a lot quieter than the higher gain modules. if you do send it back, the randall folks were great to me.
ricky

the tweed quieter than my blackface, which is odd to me because the tweed is higher gain.

Probably not. First make sure the knobs are positioned the same all the way down to make sure it's apples to apples. They do not have the same value volume pot among other circuit differences, so it's reasonable to expect a difference. If it's WAY out of line, say the blackface at 9:00 is the Tweed at 3:00, you have an issue. Was it new or used?

JF
I bought it new, they had to special order it, thanks for that info really what i needed to know. A long lost friend came over thanks giving evening, she looked at it and spotted several questionable solder joints. She trouble shoots and repairs audio equipment at a factory for a living. After i found out she could solder better than me i started flirting. :D

now i'm thinking i would have been way happier if it had more miss like my SL+ and a little higher bottom, it hates my hum buckers.