Rack Connections

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamner1

Reaction score
I have a Randall RM4 & Peavey Classic 50/50. I plan to run stereo with a single 4x12 cab. Tomorrow I should have a Rocktron Xpression to add to the rack.
My question is would it be better to run 2 cables out from the RM4 to the Xpression L/R ins & then the L/R out of the Xpression to L/R channel of the poweramp. My other thought was to run 1 out of the RM4 to channel 1 & the other out to the Xpression (running that mono) to channel 2 of the poweramp? I tend to like a dry/wet setup. Although The latter method would remove the Hush circuit in the signal going to channel 1. With the Xpression I am unsure if I can run both the L&R sides but only effects & Hush circuit on the left & just the Hush circuit on the right.

Also has anyone had any experience with the Rocktron Velocity 300 poweramp? Your thoughts if you have.

If Rocktron's design hasn't changed, going stereo in automaticly means stereo fx out

Perhaps it's possible to go mono into the expression then pan Dry/Wet to left and right

If worse comes to worse, you can go RM L straight to L poweramp and the R into the expression and that to the R poweramp

I have done the rm4 into a peavey 50/50..and fwiw..please go and try a rt 2/50....I think there is a world of difference.
Not being a PIA..just sayin...I almost didnt buy the RM4 because of how it sounded into a 50/50...
but thats me. your mileage may vary and all that.
GtrGeorge