Rattle noise coming from mts 212 cab

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike

Reaction score
When I have The volume little pass bedroom level I get a rattle/rumble noise from the back of the cab.I notice it more when palm muting.I tryed to tigthen all the screws but still the same...has anyone had this problem?

bought the cab new 1 month ago.

I had this exact problem on the same cab. On my cab it was 2 things:

The release tabs on the xlr output rattled.

The back panel made noise at the split.

I solved the problems by breaking the tab off (I don't recommend doing this, as it makes the connector weaker). Tape might work.

I used drywall screws and wood glue to mount a 2x4 brace centered, front to back inside the cab at the split. The rattle is gone now. I think this is common with a lot of different cabs, as I've heard this mod is done often, mostly on 4x12's.

Might not be a problem in a band setting.

No rattling noise on my MTS 212, only my windows rattle :). I use it as a ported cab, without the second back panel.

if your panel rattles...try putting some ultra thin foam tape between the panels. these 2x12's can compete with 4x12's and bass response in unreal. i had the same problem and that cured it.

A one inch by 3 piece of wood glued to the back panel horzontally will give it more stability for the low end that is causing it. That's what we had to do with ours.

I remove the top back panel and it sounds better. Still a little rattle but I can live with it.

Maybe I will add tape between the two panels or hilly2112 idea.

thanks guys!!

RD/Steve said:
if your panel rattles...try putting some ultra thin foam tape between the panels. these 2x12's can compete with 4x12's and bass response in unreal. i had the same problem and that cured it.

+1 on the weather strip tape on the backboard seal. I also did it to my handles, plus added better wire, chalking, a foam liner, and built an air tight isolation box around the jacks.

100_0034.jpg

100_0029.jpg