Resonance/Presence modding to speaker specs

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GtrGear

Reaction score
I am thinking about a mod to match the Resonance and Presence knobs frequency of the poweramp/head to the resonance and presence peak of my speakers.
In theory this most be the most effective frequency to dial in or out.
Any comments/thoughts?

Some of the equation of what we hear from our guitar amps is the room that the amp is in. And all rooms are different sounding. From very hard sounding with to many highs to very dead ect. IMHO, the presence and depth knobs are more to adjust your sound to each room.

Rod said:
Some of the equation of what we hear from our guitar amps is the room that the amp is in. And all rooms are different sounding. From very hard sounding with to many highs to very dead ect. IMHO, the presence and depth knobs are more to adjust your sound to each room.

This exactly. Try moving the amp around the room to see if you can find the better results you are shooting for.
Also, instead of modding those boards why not put an Eq in the loop. Then you can pick the freq that works better with your speakers. That's how I have my rack setup. A separate 15 band eq for my peavey and Marshall cabs.

Latest posts