RM100 as a poweramp?? Couple of questions and my dilemma.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jrm4

Reaction score
At the moment I have Egnater M4 and VHT 2/50/2 and the sound is just right. I'm in a need of another poweramp because I'm getting tired of lugging my VHT to our training place and back to home then..

Here's the dilemma. Should I buy a second VHT or other (mesa,marshall,etc) poweramp?

Or can I use RM100 as an poweramp only with Egnater M4? It has parallel loop and serial loop but how to use it as a poweramp. Does both loops work so can I use it like stereo poweramp? I quess not.
How does it sound?

It would be somehow great idea since then I would get additional 3 module slots from RM100 and also more backup options.

I've been offered a deal for a RM100 and it would cost about same as VHT 2/50/2.

What to do .. what to do.. :)

Anyhow I'm not gonna be carrying VHT from home to training place anymore.

I used my RM50 HB head for quite a while as a power amp. Lighter and plenty of power for rehersal, and in my situation on stage as well. I ran the M4 into the return of the series loop after going through my effects unit. Never tried stereo becasue I don't really care for stereo rigs.