RM100 Combo with RM4?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteelDragon

Reaction score
I'm new to MTS and tube amps. I'm looking at purchasing an RM4 to be used with above mentioned combo amp. I'm wondering if I can join the two happily and if there are any considerations or advice you veterans can give me.

I am considering selling my combo(shipping costs are somewhat prohibitive), but I might stay with it if I can run an RM4 with it. 8)

You should have no problem powering an RM4 with an RM100 combo. Just plug the output of the RM4 into to R100's effect return and your guitar into the RM4's input, and you should be good to go.

I run an RM4 using a Mesa Mark IV's power section. I use a GCX switcher so I can switch between the RM4 and the Mesa's preamp, as well as an Egnater IE-4 too. It works well.

You might be able to find a Axess Electronics GRX4 on ebay to switch between the two; I just picked one up for cheap. I use the GRX4 with my MOD50 and RM4.

I use a Radial ABY Switchbox to switch between my Rm100 and RM4. Works great and removes any ground hum.