RM100 & GT-8 midi

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 on the Ebtech. I use my GT-8 w/ an RM4 for but I usually have a RM100 around at some point, and it's a must to have the Line Shifter. I would also highly suggest the BS2 Buffer, especially if you are using the 4CM. It dosne't matter if you are using our amps or not, the BS2 WILL make a difference in your tone for the better.

bduersch-I will forward your comment to Doug and our production manager. All of the newer amps SHOULD be set on the same channel I just can't remember if it was 1 or 16. It couldn't hurt to make sure it's always the same.

Question on using the Ebtech box with the GT8... are you using one side or both sides of the Ebtech?

Here's how I was thinking of wiring it up:
guitar -> GT8 input
GT8 loop send -> M4 input (because the GT8 should send at instrument level, right?)
M4 output -> Ebtech -> GT8 loop return
GT8 outputs -> VHT 2/50/2 inputs

--B

Here is a pic form the "Show your rigs" thead. The "V IN/OUT" would be where the GT-8 would be plugged in. The Send and Return from the loop are also labeled.

Special thanks to 3 Mile Stone for the pic.

EbTech01.jpg
[/img]

That helps, but looking at that, I'm still thinking the GT8 would be a bit different because of the 4-cable method... since the using the Vox (designed for instrument level) in the FX loop (line level) would require step down/up on both ends.

Looking at the GT8's specifications in the manual, the input + loop send + loop return are all operating at instrument level/impedance, while the outputs are operating at line level. So with the 4-cable setup, the guitar should go into the GT8, go direct from the GT8 loop send to the M4 (instrument level still), go from the M4 out (line level) through the Ebtech into the GT8 loop return (instrument level), then from the GT8 outputs into the VHT (line level).

I found a used GT8 for $300 locally, so I think I'm going to give this a shot... not sure if I'll be able to find an Ebtech locally or how long it'll take to get one in.

--B

I think I agree with you B. You will really only be using one set of the "in" and "out" jacks available, but that really is the only point at which you have a level mismatch. My photo is a little deceiving because for simplicity sake and so I don't get mixed up on a dark stage, I have the labels telling me where to put the cable into. The one labeled "S" is hooked to the send of the MOD 50 so it is actually a receive jack on the Ebtech. I don't know if that was helpful, but basically the Ebtech has a "In" and "Out" for both levels so you can really do anything you want/need with it.