RM100 kinda dead!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RADE01

Reaction score
Was playing at mid volume prior to rehearsal when it started to go muffled when chugging bassy stuff. Got worse and started to lose volume as I played so I turned it off. Would this be a problem in the power section? I still get some sound at low volumes, but can't use it for gigs.
I had posted here a month or two ago about getting no bias readings for the outer tubes. I think it had been running on 50w but it still sounded ok. All tubes glow and aren't that old. Tried new power tubes and no difference. Any suggestions? Gonna take it to an amp repairer.

if you're playing a tube amp and it suddenly starts to sound dead/dull/lifeless it's 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999% of a time a tube issue. swap em out!

if you're playing a tube amp and it suddenly starts to sound dead/dull/lifeless it's 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999% of a time a tube issue. swap em out!

It's getting fixed at the moment and the problem was with the screen grid resistors. Not expensive, thankfully. Apparently in the end I was only running on one power tube, even though they were all lit up like normal, with no tube failure warning lights. Oh well, hopefully no more problems and I can enjoy my recently acquired modded modules.