RM100 (LYNCHBOX) Noise issues

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grbassist

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with noise in my Lynchbox running high gain modules. Not sure if anything is wrong, but there is a higher than "normal" hiss while unplugged and a lot of feedback and noise while playing. I run a Decimater and a gate in a TC electronic to help but The noise is hurting tone.
It seems to be any high gain module. I can run the same modules in my RM50 and have noticeably less noise at the same volume. It is a real problem in my Band room which has noisy power issues. My friends Mark IV and my ENGL are WAY quieter plugged into the same socket at the same time as the Randall. Are they just "better"? I've tried different tubes but wondered if there are any modifications or upgrades that can be done to the head for this issue?

Anyone with thoughts on this?
Voodoo amps claims reduced noise and hum as one benefit with their Mercury Magnetics power transformer upgrade. At $473 I'd like to hear some thoughts or reviews. Any other good options out there?

grbassist said:
Anyone with thoughts on this?
Voodoo amps claims reduced noise and hum as one benefit with their Mercury Magnetics power transformer upgrade. At $473 [...]
I thought about a transformer upgrade once . . . but man, for that money you could buy another RM100 and still have a bunch of cash left over! Or you could just about pay for the Egnater mod on your RM100 ($500, which gives you dual-channel capability, a few other small tweaks performed by Bruce, and return shipping. Bruce might even be able to help out with that hum). Me personally, I'd opt for the Egnater mod before dropping $500 on a transformer; but others may argue in favor of the transformer.