RM100 styles - which do you like best?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which style of RM100 do you like the best?

• RM100M - stock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RM100LB - Lynch Box

• RM100KH - Kirk Hammett

• RM100SI - Scott Ian

• RM100BP - Black Palimino

• RM100CRP - Cream Palimino

• Total voters

DonP

Reaction score
I have the RM100M and like the styling, but I also like the Lynch Box. I've asked before and heard the only difference is the stock tubes (6L6 vs. EL34). My used RM100M came with Ruby EL34's already.

Just curious if there are no real tone differences between the heads and if so, which style of head you like best.

Thanks.

I liked the look of the M that I had but prefer the one I have kept the longest. It was not an option though.

237.jpg

238.jpg

464284_459250727419578_1945143870_o.jpg

My RM100M2 came loaded with Ruby EL34's. Now she's sittn' pretty with 34's in the inboard pair, and 6L6's in the outboard pair. Amazing amp. It was from the later line, as I got it directly from Randall amidst the closeout sales.

joey_truelove said:
VitaminG said:
I don't know what the designation is (RM100[?]) but I like mine

DSC00379.jpg
Yes, I think the poll doesn't have the original RM100 before the M- Metal version was introduced. Weren't there some difference in the output section as well, between these two; one came with 6L6GCs one w. EL34s?

Sorry, I'm a noob with these amps and didn't know the history of styling changes.

Have there been any major tone changes other than 6L6 vs. EL34?

DonP said:
Have there been any major tone changes other than 6L6 vs. EL34?

Something about the presence board values being changed out. That is all that I can remember at the moment.

+1 on the Grille! Mine has an identical grill on the back. Not the standard bar/heat sink. That could be of note. It's an RM100M2

I have to choose between a Lynchbox and a stock RM100M head. Both seem great but I can only keep one and I must take the other back.

Really tough decision.

RM100M was my first MTS amp and I may be a little sentimental, but... M

This will tip the scales.. You can't put an LED fan or LED strips in a Lynchbox. Well, you can, but it's pointless.. Now you have all the info to make your decision..

I voted for the KH, but only because I assumed that "stock" meant the perforated metal grille, not the original silver cloth grille -- which I love.

I went against the popular vote and ended up keeping the Lynchbox. I Figure it will be easier finding another RM100M down the raod than a Lynchbox. Now to find the speaker cab.

DonP said:
I went against the popular vote and ended up keeping the Lynchbox. I Figure it will be easier finding another RM100M down the raod than a Lynchbox. Now to find the speaker cab.

I'm with you! :D