RM100 w/ virtualizer pro?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OMK

Reaction score
Hello - New to MTS and the forums here. I've recently purchased a RM100 and am trying to get an old Behringer Virtualizer pro that I have lying around to work with it. I don't have much midi experience so please bear with me.

Essentially all I'm trying to do is turn the reverb on when I switch to my clean and lead channels, and bypass for the rhythm channel. I can get it to "work" but not exactly how I want. I can only get it to select the internal presets 1,2, and 3 on the behringer unit for mts channels 1, 2, and 3 respectively, but I'd like it to select a user patch that I've created. I've been through the setup menus and manuals but can't seem to make it happen. I hope this makes sense and any help would be appreciated.

There are 2 (ok, maybe 3) ways to get this working. Or you have to get a MIDI controller pedal that is able to send (at least) two program changes at a time (1 for your RM100 and 1 for your FX) or you should look in the manual of your Virtualizer whether it supports MIDI mapping (which means that you can program that if the unit receives program change 1 that it selects program 12 for instance).

The simplest (and cheapest) way is to match your programs 1,2 and 3 on your fx unit to the RM100.

Good luck in making it work, shoudn't be a problem though :wink:

And btw, congrats on your RM100!

Thanks for the info, but after a lot of head scratching, emailing behringer, and searching other forums, it seems that the only way to access the user presets on this unit is if you have a midi footswitch that sends controller 0 information before it sends patch change info. And to be honest I don't even really know what that means, so I've decided to toss it back in the pile of stuff I'm not using right now.

With that being said, can anyone recommend a relatively inexpensive rack multi effect that will do this. All I'm looking to do is press channel 1 on the RM footswitch (which I'm using for my clean channel) and have some reverb and chorus kick on, and then go into bypass when I switch to channel 2 (rythym), and back on when I'm using channel 3 (lead). I've been looking at the TC Electronics G sharp. Anyone use it???

Hi, I know its an old post now,
but at least someone else has had this problem.
I also cannot get the midi pedal I got with my RM100 to access the user/programmable patches on the Virtualizer DSP2024p.

I though the idea of midi is that these things talked to each other, its not a complicated midi command even, just want to set some easy patch jumps up, but no. If anyone can fire some new knowledge into this I would be bloody made-up as the Virtualizers delay/verbs are really nice.

Cheers AD. :D