rm22: anybody done channel switching from a

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow..that is so very helpful.
I wish I could try it right away..but between gigs and my studio is being rebuilding..it may take a little time before I can put this idea thru its paces...but I am grateful that you worked this out..I really wouldn't have found that solution to channel switching with a rm22.

GtrGeorge

PS: Video of me and my gig stuff can be seen at Facebook:Holiday Road Long islands Favorite Cover band[/u]

I've tried to teese out how the RM22 footswitch functions...

Basically they butchered midi for it to work. There's something strange going on with notes and velocity but I cannot properly record it or reproduce it because it simply isn't proper midi.
Seems they cut some corners and let a hack design it cheaply. The circuit schematics have a Asian company's name on it, no American design. (not necessarily bad, but in this case it is)

So now you can't actually control it by midi, even though it uses a **** midi chip (I've opened up the amp and footswitch, the footswitch is a modified RF3 .. which is used for the RM100, the amp's midi board is similar to the RM4/RM100's), and you can't mod switching jacks into the head because it uses the midi chip to control it, so you'd need to dissect half of the amp to get to the actual switching.

Basically your advice is right: modding the footswitch to accept a switching jack is the only way to remotely control it.

Why, why, why didn't they just use a stereo cable or proper midi? Morons.

I hear you..its frustrating..I have emailed some people and hopefully they will have a solution to this.

GtrGeorge

Mojo, fwiw..did you ever review how the relays on an fx unit might make it possible to switch channels? I have a Gmaj2 and it might be able to be used. page 24 of their manual talks about it, but Im not sure it applies.
Your thoughts?

GtrGeorge

GtrGeorge! said:
Mojo, fwiw..did you ever review how the relays on an fx unit might make it possible to switch channels? I have a Gmaj2 and it might be able to be used. page 24 of their manual talks about it, but Im not sure it applies.
Your thoughts?

GtrGeorge
Yes this is what I was basically checking besides midi. The problem is you'd have to mod something, amp or footswitch:

With the amp there's the problem that is relies on the midi-chip, so you'd have to rip that out, find out how all the relays work and somehow relate them to some jacks that you'd have to mod onto the back panel. (quite a huge surgery).

With the footswitch it's easyer, you'd just relate the switching jacks to the switches on the footswitch. You'd basically use the footswitch as a middle-man. But then you still have a footswith + cable laying around, which quite honestly annoys me to the bone.

I AM ANNOYED TO THE BONE......

and I am still trying to work around this.

Any my help appreciatted.

In the end, I dont want to have yet another pedal onthe ground to change channels..it SHOULD be done via midid midi has been around since like 1984..can we please use it...ok????)

GtrGeorge

GtrGeorge! said:
I AM ANNOYED TO THE BONE......

and I am still trying to work around this.

Any my help appreciatted.

In the end, I dont want to have yet another pedal onthe ground to change channels..it SHOULD be done via midid midi has been around since like 1984..can we please use it...ok????)

GtrGeorge
My point exactly, it's a 50ct chip + some regular parts .. and it takes a dude who knows what he's doing about 10 minutes to program it.. what the hell Randall?

This is why I cant easily endorse certain products or people....

that would be celebrating "doing things on the cheap"...
which is a derogatory thing,the way I see it.

yeah I know 50 cents is a lot of money in a design...it can actually be that way...I get it....but I think anyone who wants sincere lasting value ...you have to go that extra mile.

Jim Marshall constantly improved his amps to the needs of the players. Others can,too.
I would gladly pay for a midi option...

who knows someone here that can do it?????
GtrGeorge

"My point exactly, it's a 50ct chip + some regular parts .. and it takes a dude who knows what he's doing about 10 minutes to program it.. what the hell Randall?"

If you are reading this...know someone who can do this????
Hook me up with that person,PLEEEZE!!!

GtrGeorge