RM4 --> GSP1101

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ned

Reaction score
I keep getting random volume drops with the RM4 in the loop of the GSP. Am I over driving the GSP? Got the volume on the RM4 about 9oclock.

BTW- Pete's Plexi module is da bomb.

Ned, I'm don't have a RM4 but with my 1101 through my serial loop of my RM100 using Wizard 7, I don't have any volume drop problems except with the Pitch Shifter. But I'm running my module volume's at noon and sometimes I thought that might be a bit hot.

Does that processor sound good through the MTS? I like how you can route different things to front and loop. If I ever get one I would route an OD for front boosting and have time-based effects in the loop... 8)

tlingen said:
Are GeorgeL's all that much better than normal cables? Glad your 1101 is fine.

Just my ten cents...

George L cables sound great, but they can be really finicky about how well they are assembled and can work loose. If your cut isn't perfect, it can affect them too.

I redid my rack with Neutrik ends and Canare GS cable, took a LOT longer to make than the George L's but they work well. My only gripe is that the Neutriks are a LOT bigger than the George L's - I really like how small the GL's are, very easy to use on a crowded pedalboard too.

Pete

shred-o-holic said:
Does that processor sound good through the MTS? I like how you can route different things to front and loop. If I ever get one I would route an OD for front boosting and have time-based effects in the loop... 8)

RM100 has one for sale for a great price (http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=5821)

The 1101 sounds great with the MTS amps. I use a boost pedal from the 1101 in front of the MTS for getting different tones and rounder sounding leads. If you do the 4CM and Wizard 7 on the 1101, you can place OD/Dist and Effects in front or behind of MTS Preamp module. It's very simple to use.

I've read how Glen Tipton, Glen Drover and Chris Caffery are using the 1101 as there main preamp for touring. If I run my 1101 as a preamp/processor into my RM100 effects return for power, I cannot for the life of me get tones I like to play in my basement let alone tour with. Anyone here have more experience with them?

One other cool thing you can do with the 1101 and a 4cm method is to have patches that don't even use the randall as a preamp. I used a Boss GT8 like this with my RM100 - I would put three overdrive modules in the RM100, and use the GT8 for my 'cleans'.

I have done the same thing with my AxeFX running it with my RM100s and also with my RM4, it is pretty nifty!

Pete

Good point Pete. Actually, I'm doing the same thing. My clean tone is from the GSP1101 and then I'm running three drive modules.

Hey, I've finally come around with my rm50 and I'm love with it! I have a gsp 1101 and weould love to use it with 4 cable method. Can it really be transparent together with the rm50? Any advice about how to run your levels on module/gsp patch level/gsp output level? I have to run my rm50's output level full (for clean headroom), so that can't budge-thanks!

okstrat said:
One other cool thing you can do with the 1101 and a 4cm method is to have patches that don't even use the randall as a preamp. I used a Boss GT8 like this with my RM100 - I would put three overdrive modules in the RM100, and use the GT8 for my 'cleans'.

I have done the same thing with my AxeFX running it with my RM100s and also with my RM4, it is pretty nifty!

Pete
That is a cool idea. I have going round and round about what effects processor to get. I am down to The GSP 1101, G major. I also thought about the Line M13 but not sure about it.